Injectors Recomendation, please.

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Boricuanology
http://phpbb3styles.net

Injectors Recomendation, please.

Post by Boricuanology »

Ok guys Im putting together a turbo set up for a friend of mine, and I having dificulty deciding which injectors to get. A bit about the car and the set up: LS/vtec (completely stock) first of all is 300 possible on a stock ls/vtec? Once everything is install it will def be tune prior to any driving, of course I will suget eCtune. :lol: :wink: Now I would like to put together a turbo set up for 500hp which is our goal, but we will only use as much power as we can make from the stock engine, till we build the engine which eventually he will but not for now, hense I sugested the car MOST be tune prior to any use. Can 1000cc injectors be use for the set up, lots of people keep tellling me thats a lot of fuel for a stock engine, but if the car is gonna get tune, this should take care of the problem, right? wrong? Please guys let me know if I can order the 1000cc injectors and which ones are compatible with eCtune, also which ones you guys recomend. Thanks a millions guys.
Doing the best I can with what I got.

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

Yes you can run 1000's. Doesnt matter if your making 10whp or 300, the tune will compensate. I personally like PTE 1000's a lot, but Rc's etc will work fine.

mmiller18

Re: Injectors Recomendation, please.

Post by mmiller18 »

yeah you can run 1000cc but thats alot of fuel.. personal i run 16 psi on fully built d16z6 and i just run DSM 450 and they work just fine , i've got around 260 , horse i believe . but it all depends on your goals ...
Miller

Hawkturbo

Post by Hawkturbo »

pro a cons about 1000cc inj ?

Garrett
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Garrett »

I bought 1000cc for my 500 whp setup
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec, Canada www.precisionautocanada.com

Hawkturbo

Post by Hawkturbo »

Hawkturbo wrote:pro a cons about 1000cc inj ?

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

what pro and cons are you searching for? injectors are injectors
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Hawkturbo

Post by Hawkturbo »

calvin wrote:what pro and cons are you searching for? injectors are injectors
no pro and cons for 1000cc thanks :D

fah
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Re: Injectors Recomendation, please.

Post by fah »

A bit about the car and the set up: LS/vtec (completely stock)
Make sure you check your piston to valve clearance, you might have to grind out the valve grooves in the piston some more (wider+deeper) to avoid bending a valve when you hit vtec. I have tuned a setup like this before and made 263hp @ 9 psi on 90 octane pump
Regards, Marlon Chong eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Jamaica/Australia chong_marlon(at)yahoo.com (876)-881-8164 JA (61)-4-0275-3611 AUS

HiProfile

Post by HiProfile »

Hawkturbo wrote:
Some large injectors have a crappy spray pattern and/or poor atomization. Both result in wasted gasoline, and possible lean pockets. Some are also smaller injectors with modded pintles/balls/discs, so sometimes the coils aren't big enough resulting in slow reactions. You wouldn't use a 400whp civic instead of a 400whp diesel pickup truck to pull 3 cars, would you? 300whp would need 450cc minimum, and 500whp would need 750cc minimum. Ideally you'd get 850cc-1000cc for your injectors. Bosch's new 1k's are supposedly the cat's a**, but are priced accordingly.

Hawkturbo

Post by Hawkturbo »

HiProfile wrote:
Hawkturbo wrote:
Some large injectors have a crappy spray pattern and/or poor atomization. Both result in wasted gasoline, and possible lean pockets. Some are also smaller injectors with modded pintles/balls/discs, so sometimes the coils aren't big enough resulting in slow reactions. You wouldn't use a 400whp civic instead of a 400whp diesel pickup truck to pull 3 cars, would you? 300whp would need 450cc minimum, and 500whp would need 750cc minimum. Ideally you'd get 850cc-1000cc for your injectors. Bosch's new 1k's are supposedly the cat's a**, but are priced accordingly.

zeeman

Post by zeeman »

i've made 315whp on a stock LSvtec @ 11psi (on a cheap ebay-style kit), that car was using RC 440s. I don't get why you'd want such a big injector? I could understand something in the 600-750 range to leave some room for upgrades, but 1000ccs?!? Yes, the tuning will take care of delivering the right amount of fuel, but like someone else said 1000cc injectors can be slow to react.