light pop from exhaust during pull

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

ultra spikey
http://phpbb3styles.net

light pop from exhaust during pull

Post by ultra spikey »

When I was doing some street tuning in 3rd, I would randomly hear this faint popping sound coming from the exhaust. It would pop like 2-4 times during the pull(really lightly). The car didnt see to slow down at all, and everything looked good in the datalog. Anyone have any experience with this?

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

during a pull? spark blowing out?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Garrett
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Garrett »

take a look on your datalog for the fuel cut post a datalog here
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec, Canada www.precisionautocanada.com

sewell94
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by sewell94 »

sounds like either you need to gap your plugs down or your ign timing is retarded alittle to much.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Port St Lucie, Fl,

ultra spikey

Post by ultra spikey »

sewell94 wrote:sounds like either you need to gap your plugs down or your ign timing is retarded alittle to much.
I tried .028 and .026 gap, I may try even smaller. Also, the timing is about 13* @ 14psi. Here is a log...
Attachments
sept24_24092008_0023.elf
(162.42 KiB) Downloaded 142 times

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

gap them babies to .020 and call it a day ;)
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

just something stupid i noticed, but you need to calibrate your TPS. also noticed that you are running very very little timing. Your actual ignition timing was 12.5 at 5psi of boost. Also, your ramping ignition (vaccuum) is very very very conservative and could be contributing to your feeling of boost lag you were mentioning in your dyno thread. read them plugs and add timing!!!
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

ultra spikey

Post by ultra spikey »

98vtec wrote:just something stupid i noticed, but you need to calibrate your TPS. also noticed that you are running very very little timing. Your actual ignition timing was 12.5 at 5psi of boost. Also, your ramping ignition (vaccuum) is very very very conservative and could be contributing to your feeling of boost lag you were mentioning in your dyno thread. read them plugs and add timing!!!
12.5 at 5psi? My log does not read that...hmm...on the log i posted in this thread(timing not touched) it reads ~22* @ 5psi, and ~13* @ 14psi. On my finished tune, at ~26* @ 5psi, and ~18* @14psi.

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

ultra spikey wrote:
98vtec wrote:just something stupid i noticed, but you need to calibrate your TPS. also noticed that you are running very very little timing. Your actual ignition timing was 12.5 at 5psi of boost. Also, your ramping ignition (vaccuum) is very very very conservative and could be contributing to your feeling of boost lag you were mentioning in your dyno thread. read them plugs and add timing!!!
12.5 at 5psi? My log does not read that...hmm...on the log i posted in this thread(timing not touched) it reads ~22* @ 5psi, and ~13* @ 14psi. On my finished tune, at ~26* @ 5psi, and ~18* @14psi.
go to the log you posted in this thread. about 19 seconds into it. Your ignition ramp is retarded A LOT
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

ultra spikey

Post by ultra spikey »

yea...that log was from my untuned run, now that it's tuned, i bumped the timing up about 5*.