PLX wideband feedback

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

james25
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by james25 »

I contacted Felipe at Innovate and got a response back on how much it would cost to fix a broken LC-1 and he said $45 to fix it. Not bad at all, I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes. The LC-1 is a good unit. The one I have actually is a used unit that I bought from a friend. So I'm the second owner of it. If all fails, plx it is.

james25

Post by james25 »

Got a shipping notification from Innovate but there were no details on the repair. So I contacted them again inquiring if their sending the unit back because it could not be fixed or sending it back because it's fixed. Felipe said they sent me a new unit! I was surprised to hear that! I mean, my LC-1 is way out of warranty but they decided to sent me a new one anyway.

james25

Post by james25 »

Got the wideband back today :D bench tested it and it works! the only thing I'm concerned about is that the unit has 6 wires instead of 7 wires? -Red(12v) -Blue(heater grnd) -White(system grnd) -Yellow(analog 1) -Brown(analog 2) -Black(calibration wire -what happened to the green wire? My previous wiring for power and ground (7wires on LC1) -Red--12v fuse box -Blue--battery negative -White&Green---ecu D21(sensor grnd) .5inch apart Should I put the blue and white on D21? since now I only have one system ground, the wideband signal ground should be tied to the O2 signal ground.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

thats why I like PLX. Red = + Black = - Grey or White = Analog Out. Simple.. :wink:
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

james25

Post by james25 »

Bugermass wrote:thats why I like PLX. Red = + Black = - Grey or White = Analog Out. Simple.. :wink:
Thats all the wires for the PLX?? damn that is pretty simple. I'm gonna tie the blue wire on the ecu grnd and see if I get any offsets or strange readings. I guess I'll have to experiment a little.

David974

Post by David974 »

james25 wrote:Got the wideband back today :D bench tested it and it works! the only thing I'm concerned about is that the unit has 6 wires instead of 7 wires? -Red(12v) -Blue(heater grnd) -White(system grnd) -Yellow(analog 1) -Brown(analog 2) -Black(calibration wire -what happened to the green wire? My previous wiring for power and ground (7wires on LC1) -Red--12v fuse box -Blue--battery negative -White&Green---ecu D21(sensor grnd) .5inch apart Should I put the blue and white on D21? since now I only have one system ground, the wideband signal ground should be tied to the O2 signal ground.
i've this LC1 set up too solder a wire on Blue and white wires and solder it on your D21 ground and use your serial protocol for dataloggin with no offset issues regards

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

heater grnd or blue has to chassis ground not d21 never did it like that... white goes to sensor ground d21
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

zeeman

Post by zeeman »

I love my PLX M300. I've used the LC-1 (a couple of them actually), the AEM and FJO. I'd put the innovate at the bottom of my favorites list. The software didnt have the serial logging when I had the innovate so i never go to use that. The PLX has never left me stranded, is easy to set up and is easy to use and didn't break the bank....but I think they've discontinued the M300.

EITCP
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by EITCP »

PLX is my favourite WB. I am using it more than 5 years. I loved R-500 unit, but once on some customer's car i connect it wrong to the battery and fried it (he had his negative wire colored in red :(( ) Now i am using M-300 unit which is also very good, but i am missing extra features like egt and knock hearing. Now i am waiting for R-800 which should be out long time ago. Simplicity, self calibration and ultra easy connection are the pros i love, compared to innovate.
---------------------------------- TUNERC team eCtune Authorised Tuner for Slovenia Passed ACP course at EFI University in Temecula, CA, November 07

butch11a

Post by butch11a »

speaking of widebands, does it matter where you get the switched power from regarding offsets, the quickest would be from cigarette lighter, then there's ign, contact, fusebox or the ecu power, assuming all grounds are direct to the battery?
New to eCtune, and still a lot to learn.....

calvin

Post by calvin »

get it from ecu
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

danny

Post by danny »

well my AEM dead on me this pass weekend...the C16 i was using...probably killed it...it won't read under 14...i'll see if AEM will warranty it for me...if not..im going with a PLX or the LC1....

james25

Post by james25 »

danny wrote:well my AEM dead on me this pass weekend...the C16 i was using...probably killed it...it won't read under 14...i'll see if AEM will warranty it for me...if not..im going with a PLX or the LC1....
Go with PLX, only reason why I'm still using the LC-1 is because Innovate replaced it for free.

danny

Post by danny »

wow..i just seen the video of the dm100 in action...pretty sweet lookin unit........but what about the tech edge...where can i find those for sale..i've heard some good things about that unit too...

Garrett
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Garrett »

2 LM-1 here for Serial Datalog 1 PLX M-200 L1H1 sensor (NTK) For big setup (leaded fuel), and more accurate reading
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec, Canada www.precisionautocanada.com