How well does ectune innovate seiral logging work for you?

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

cbustuner
http://phpbb3styles.net

How well does ectune innovate seiral logging work for you?

Post by cbustuner »

How well does the innovate serial stream datalogging work for you? Any offset issues or hassles? How is your wiring done for a permanet install with no issues. The reason i ask is i have a zt-2 with display and boost sensor but I'm looking into the neptune tunerview. If i get the tunerview I really don't need two screens with the same information on it.Plus i think I can easily sell the zt-2 for 300 -350+ dollars so that will cover the cost of a new lc-1,leave me a little money left over and give me better readings in ectune.Thoughts? As it is now I have some offset issues with the zt-2.

David974

Post by David974 »

Innovate serial integration works very well, no offset no wiring,your laptop just need another USB port but sometime Innovate products sucks specilly LC1 (just have a look to their forum LC1 sub section) LM1 is far better and the price drop down since LM2 come regards

HRTuning

Post by HRTuning »

The serial logging is direct info from the sensor brain so there's no offsets or loss of integrity. and the TunerView is a good way to go. 8)

cbustuner

Post by cbustuner »

Any other options from innovate besides the lm-1 and lc-1 ? I think the tunerview is a great idea,I just need to decide between the tunerview 2 itself or the dash kit and if i get the dash kit where to put it..

HRTuning

Post by HRTuning »

They don't offer any wideband packages other than the LC-1 and LM-1/2 Ya, it can be a tough decision. It all comes down to whether you want to spend the time fabbing the dash kit up.

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

I love the serial connection! Super fast and precise AF measurement.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

depends on how good the electrical system is in teh car.. I had a car today that no matter what I could not get serial logging to stay connected for more than a few seconds, and even when I tried to log through the analog input the offset varied so much it was useless. I ended up using the dynos wideband.. But in about 80% of the cars I do it works great.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

HRTuning

Post by HRTuning »

That would be a software side issue. As long as the Innovate unit has power it's constantly streaming. If the software misses a packet or gets a half packet and doesn't reset itself it may think all new data is incomplete, etc.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

hmm.. well I know for a fact its an electrical issue, cause if I isolate the LM1 from the car, as in power it from a wall outlet power supply and use a sniffer clamp thats insulated from touching the car, it works perfect.. Mabey whatever noise its picking up from the car is interfearing with the serial stream output. But like I said its only on few cars. This is my 3rd LM1 also, and they have all done the same thing. So its not a bad box. And like today, I did the LS Turbo and I couldn't get it to log for crap so I ended up using the wideband on the dyno, then after that I street tuned another car and it worked perfectly.. In any sence, this is an issue and I think innovate shoulda payed more attention to fixing this problem.

HRTuning

Post by HRTuning »

Right, my point was it's correctable software side. The thing keeps streaming, so even with some corruption there will be good packets. The software should be programmed to weed out the bad ones and process the good ones.

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

In the beginning I had these kinds of problems also. Then I changed the cigaret lighter plug for 2 clamps to connect the battery directly I never had any problems. By doing this like this I found out that A LOT of cars have bad battery connectors. Almost loose cables are a pain in the ass for the Innovate wideband. The slightest voltage fall will cause problems.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

I tried the Innovate serial link for the first time earlier this week. Customer (Pro user) had his own Innovate unit. Huge problems with offset. In this case on an old LM-1. Switched to the serial link and what a difference... But therein lies one of my problems with the Innovate units. As great as the serial link is, it shouldn´t be necessary to obtain the right AFR´s. Easier, yes - necessary, no! I have 0 (zero! No!) offset problems ever with my Tech Edge. Offset is 0 and AFR is always spot-on. Which allows me to do WB closed loop also. Try doing that with the serial connection. Or \"lean protect\" for that matter. /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Garrett
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Garrett »

Gaskleppie wrote:In the beginning I had these kinds of problems also. Then I changed the cigaret lighter plug for 2 clamps to connect the battery directly I never had any problems. By doing this like this I found out that A LOT of cars have bad battery connectors. Almost loose cables are a pain in the ass for the Innovate wideband. The slightest voltage fall will cause problems.
On a friend car, I have the same problem as Bugermass talk, and I use 2 clamps connect the the battery :? I use the FTDI serial to USB converter, this is the only car I had problem
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec, Canada www.precisionautocanada.com

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

I never had offset issues with my old MOTEC PLM.. No matter what car, even if the battery was getting low it still worked perfectly. You get what you pay for..

cbustuner

Post by cbustuner »

Bugermass wrote:I never had offset issues with my old MOTEC PLM.. No matter what car, even if the battery was getting low it still worked perfectly. You get what you pay for..
if this is the case I might as well keep what i have because it doesn't sound like the serial stream will be that much better.