How well does ectune innovate seiral logging work for you?

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

fast2camciv
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by fast2camciv »

Garrett wrote:
Gaskleppie wrote:In the beginning I had these kinds of problems also. Then I changed the cigaret lighter plug for 2 clamps to connect the battery directly I never had any problems. By doing this like this I found out that A LOT of cars have bad battery connectors. Almost loose cables are a pain in the ass for the Innovate wideband. The slightest voltage fall will cause problems.
On a friend car, I have the same problem as Bugermass talk, and I use 2 clamps connect the the battery :? I use the FTDI serial to USB converter, this is the only car I had problem
i have my lm1 wired into the fuse box, and grounded under the fuse box, and i also use a serial to usb adapter. for the LIFE of me i cant get eCtune to log the lm1. i have problems with eCtune picking up the correct port, if it picks up a port at all. i really wish i could force it to a certain port manually. my car has been down for some time, and i just got it running a month ago, i took it to the track this weekend and couldnt get it to log afr's not one single time. ive made several posts on here about it and havent ever got it to work. :cry:
94 Integra GSR Sedan 11.1 @ 130 490WHP Tunerzine.com Feature HERE! 93 Honda Civic Sedan -Sold- 11.43 @ 127 405whp, SOHC, Vitaras, 57 trim.

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

Bindegal wrote: I have 0 (zero! No!) offset problems ever with my Tech Edge. Offset is 0 and AFR is always spot-on. Which allows me to do WB closed loop also. Try doing that with the serial connection. Or "lean protect" for that matter. /Allan
Same here.... because TE has a differential output. Or more accurate: A lineair outpur with ground reference input.

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

i have problems with eCtune picking up the correct port, if it picks up a port at all. i really wish i could force it to a certain port manually.
I know what you mean. If I do it the wrong way, I got the same. Do you use a hub? I do and with this in between, I always have to re connect all the ports before they come in good order that eCtune (or other programs) can read the ports. I use 3 ports, 1 for emulation, 1 for datalogging and 1 for the innovate. Because I always use the same ports and plugs, emu is comm port 3, datalog is comm port 4 and innovate is comm port 5. So, first I plug the hub in my laptop with all the ports connected. --> kading, kading, kading, 3 ports active! But when I try it now, it wont gonna work.. Step two is to reconnect all the ports 1 by 1. Step 3 is to go to the settings and check all 3 ports. First set the serial wideband on the right port (in my laptop comm 5) Sometimes it sees com 3 or 4 as serial wideband but I know it must be 5 so I set it at 5. After that search the emulation port by autoscan. It will find it if all is ok. Then save settings and try to connect. Works always this way!
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

fast2camciv

Post by fast2camciv »

no im not using a hub, im using a serial to usb adapter. i have loaded the correct drivers for the adapter, and it works...when it works lol ive tried to come up with a sequence to get it to work like you have, and just when i think its working, i turn the wideband off, or turn the computer off, and im back to square one again. sometimes it will pick up the right port, but still wont log. i think its a communication issue between eCtune and my laptop or somthing in eCtune. i can run logworks by innovate and it logs perfectly running off the same serial to usb connector. once i get it to recognize the lm-1 it logs flawlessly (i think i posted that in my other thread.) but i have port or problems recognizing the lm1 98% of the time.
94 Integra GSR Sedan 11.1 @ 130 490WHP Tunerzine.com Feature HERE! 93 Honda Civic Sedan -Sold- 11.43 @ 127 405whp, SOHC, Vitaras, 57 trim.

Garrett
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Garrett »

fast2camciv wrote:no im not using a hub, im using a serial to usb adapter. i have loaded the correct drivers for the adapter, and it works...when it works lol
buy the FTDI USB adapter :!:
Last edited by Garrett on Fri May 29, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec, Canada www.precisionautocanada.com

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

make sure you update to the latest firmware on your LM1s it did reduce alot of the issues I was having. Its not great, but its alot better.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

fast2camciv

Post by fast2camciv »

i do have the ftdi usb adapter, and i do have the latest firm ware for my lm1, its the older model too. thats why this is so frustrating because ive done just about everything everyone has suggested and i still have problems. here is the thread, i was havin a few issues at teh time. http://forum.ectune.com/viewtopic.php?t=1018&highlight=

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

i can run logworks by innovate and it logs perfectly running off the same serial to usb connector.
You have to watch out with logworks. When you tested the connection with logworks and want to try to connect with eCtune, it wont work! The comm port is held busy by logworks until you unplug/plug the serial cable.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Yeah, If I plugged in the USB hub (that subsequently has all 3 cables always plugged into the same ports) to the same USB port on my PF _before_ I load eCtune. I would load eCtune, and see that my COM port is blank under the wideband tab (I believe this is because when I close eCtune the laptop is no longer connected to the hub, need to try closing with it connected to the hub to see if it sticks), so I would select my always known \"COM6\" and click save. If I tried to connect via the logger, it will work fine. If I have already had a successful connection to the WB/logger I can open or close eCtune, and connect and disconnect just as long as I did not unplug the hub. BTW, I myself am working with the V1.1x ROM for the LC-1 (improved heater cal or something) but suffer code 8's... I would reflash the OEM (1.0) ROM, but I haven't had time to remove the sensor from my exhaust to properly calibrate it (I will do it roughly 10 times as to be certain) and reprogram my outputs. As long as I follow the ritual of going to the settings/wideband pane, It works like a charm; no voltage offsets, and you know there is less of a delay from the readings if it were being read in an analog mode... I have always had a big offset, which sucks. I like the idea of running the WB02 directly to the fusebox, and wiring it in right there; there is your ELD wire! No need to run wires anywhere else (just a switched input for IGN/ACC).
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

racepak

Post by racepak »

i'm using it, work gr8. only problam that i need to choose lm1 WB in the settings every ime, i think it dosnt saves the com port,

Coupe-r

Post by Coupe-r »

I use the power and ground from the ecu. zero offset in a dozen cars i've tuned. however i set the speed down a bit to maybe 1/12 i can't remember

RadekSkylark

Post by RadekSkylark »

Hallo everyone, I know this is old topic, but I hope someone will chime in, so, the question I have - can I connect my LM-2 with my usb cable to laptop, and use direct wb input in eCtune for wideband, and it will datalog all the stuff like AFR vs rpm and load? same as if it would be connected trought the ecu? Thanks