CYL sensor error question

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

CYL sensor error question

Post by Gaskleppie »

I have a problem with a race car. Its an old CRX which is completely setup for track racing. Its rewired for obd1 and it is running fine besides this annoying CYL sensor error. When I start the engine it gives no error but when I press the throttle a bit it always gives CYL error. We rewired this car completely so almost half of the loom is left. Al the other cables for lighting etc are gone. So maybe we made a mistake somewhere. Does anybody have a clue? Its happening with 2 different dizzy's and with 2 different ecu's. What did I do wrong? Are the dizzy sensors +/- sensitive?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

did the distributor get taken apart recently? any chance of a misaligned pickup? My rotor was damaged; the little lip ground off for CKP; switched rotor, lost code.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

2 different dizzy's.... Same problem.

HiProfile

Post by HiProfile »

I can't recall, but I think that's the sensor the dpfi cars lack. My experience is that sensor is very sensitve to interference. Someone said the stock wires for it come with a foil sheild in the insulation, and ideally it should be grounded. I had to use 16ga wire twisted the whole length in 3 different setups in order to keep that sensor from causing errors.

calvin

Post by calvin »

frank don't forget to use shielded wires for the dizzy sensor(they should be grounded)... check if the correct sensor come to the correct pins.. use dizzy diagram and ecu pin out... could be the shielded stuff... contact randy rstech...
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

Shielding? I think we got a point here... The shielding is not connected, Im sure about that. I will let you guys know if thats the problem.

sewell94
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by sewell94 »

more than liley the white wires are swapped around if its a factory dizzy OBD0 OBD1 orange/ orange white/ white orange-blue /orange-blue white-blue /white-blue blue-green/ blue-green blue-yellow/ blue-yellow large white yellow/green <only color that is different black-yellow/ black-yellow blue/ blue or OBD0......OBD1 ------------------ [b10].......[b11] --> cyp P aka cylinder position [b12].......[b12] --> cyp M aka cylinder position [c3].........[b13] --> tdc P aka top dead center [c4].........[b14] --> tdc M aka top dead center [c1].........[b15] --> ckp P aka crank position [c2].........[b16] --> ckp M aka crank position [b15].......[a21] --> Ignitor signal
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Port St Lucie, Fl,

Civic Tsi
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Civic Tsi »

Had this problem once and it was the connector that wasn't completely inserted in the harness at the ecu.
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Qc, Qc, Canada

calvin

Post by calvin »

i had the same dizzy connect something was missing in it and that cause problems... but shielded wires for sensor is important
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.