Help Spark Plug Wires

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

utkuselamoglu
http://phpbb3styles.net

Help Spark Plug Wires

Post by utkuselamoglu »

What you think about nology grounded 10 mm spark plug wires with msd igntion system on turboed engine?
utku selamoglu

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Nology Hotwires are A+++ Compared to any OEM wire.. they conduct WAAAAAY better.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

rschoener
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by rschoener »

Personally from my experience I have had nothing but problems with nology wires on a Honda. I recommend Stock Honda, NGK, Magnacore, or MSD.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Atco, NJ, USA Randy Schoener RSTECH www.rstech-racing.com

james25

Post by james25 »

I used to have nology wires on my car, I made sure the grounds are installed good but had some strange bucking at higher rpms. Almost like a misfire. So I took it out the same day I installed it and put my old msd wires back in and the bucking disappeared. I gave the nology wires to my brother and he installed it on his civic and it ran fine. Don't know whats up with that.

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

james25 wrote:I used to have nology wires on my car, I made sure the grounds are installed good but had some strange bucking at higher rpms. Almost like a misfire. So I took it out the same day I installed it and put my old msd wires back in and the bucking disappeared. I gave the nology wires to my brother and he installed it on his civic and it ran fine. Don't know whats up with that.
Thats what i am having in my car, after having vtec engaged, I am having also strange bucking like misfire... between 5200 - 6000 rpm range after that it dissappears. Thats why I have asked this question... Tomorrow I am going to change my wires with new set of MSD spark plug wires than I am going to change the Blaster2 msd coil with blaster ss type... I will see... Thanks a lot.:)
utku selamoglu

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

Also I have to ask one more question... I don't have an igntion box msd or others only I have changed the factory coil with msd type coil. I think I have to keep the orijinal factory dwell settings if there is no ignition box.
utku selamoglu

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

I though that the misfire problem caused by the spark plug wires but tonigh I have changed my plug one step colder at 4554 ngk gap down to .022 - .024 #8 under 12 psi of boost pressure. The problem gone I have no problem right now...:)))
utku selamoglu

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

the nology wires are minimal resistance from what I recall (used to work for a vendor, we got a nology seminar once and I still have a shitload of stickers and hats)

james25

Post by james25 »

JaredKaragen wrote:the nology wires are minimal resistance from what I recall (used to work for a vendor, we got a nology seminar once and I still have a shitload of stickers and hats)
Hats! care to share one? :D

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

After gapping the spark plugs again I had same misfire than I changed my spark plug wires with the msd cables it all gone:)
utku selamoglu

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

woah.. maybe it's something interfearing with the honda's ignition =) I'll forgo buying the expensive NOLOGY wires then =)

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

JaredKaragen wrote:woah.. maybe it's something interfearing with the honda's ignition =) I'll forgo buying the expensive NOLOGY wires then =)
Maybe but right know there is no problem. I am looking forward to change my stock alternator to high amp output one like 160 170 amp and installing a good grounding kit to the chasis.
utku selamoglu