Disable barometric pressure sensor

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

utkuselamoglu
http://phpbb3styles.net

Disable barometric pressure sensor

Post by utkuselamoglu »

What could be the advantage of using this sensor on a turbocharger (overboosted) engine?. Normally disabling it help N/A engines running on high altitude(where the atmospheric pressure decreases) but on turbocharged engine does altitude makes pressure differences while boosting.
utku selamoglu

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Re: Disable barometric pressure sensor

Post by xenocron »

utkuselamoglu wrote:What could be the advantage of using this sensor on a turbocharger (overboosted) engine?. Normally disabling it help N/A engines running on high altitude(where the atmospheric pressure decreases) but on turbocharged engine does altitude makes pressure differences while boosting.
Yes altitude makes a difference, regardless.
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Normally disabling it help N/A engines running on high altitude
Disabling helps NA cars running on high altitudes? I thats so, something is wrong. It should compensate the less dense air so you dont have a pig rich AF. Can you give me a reason why it is better disabling it?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

Gaskleppie wrote:
Disabling helps NA cars running on high altitudes? I thats so, something is wrong. It should compensate the less dense air so you dont have a pig rich AF. Can you give me a reason why it is better disabling it?
I see there no reason for that disabling is better more advance with less dense and optimum AF..:)) Normally the altitude increases the dense getting less but I don't understand that on overboosted engine there is no reason for that because instead of less dense charger push enough air to the engine am I wrong?
utku selamoglu

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by xenocron »

utkuselamoglu wrote:
Gaskleppie wrote:
I see there no reason for that disabling is better more advance with less dense and optimum AF..:)) Normally the altitude increases the dense getting less but I don't understand that on overboosted engine there is no reason for that because instead of less dense charger push enough air to the engine am I wrong?
The air is less dense before it enters the turbocharger at altitude.
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

MeRtCaN

Post by MeRtCaN »

utku gel sen ben&#305; d&#305;nle bos ver bu &#305;sler&#305; bas&#305;nc mas&#305;nc :D

HiProfile

Post by HiProfile »

That was certainly helpful, maybe you can try English next time? The baro sensor compensates for the changes from air pressure on the 'outside' of the engine, such as exhaust backpressure and a slight change in VE through the intake sections. From a MAP sensor point of view, it doesn't matter, since it can sense that change anyways. However, the engine's overall VE will change at a given intake pressure, just like any motor in which you alter the exhaust backpressure or flow through the intake parts. The changes on a turbo are FAR MORE pronounced - in many Honda situations, the compressor is actually more efficient (many people run 5-10psi, BELOW optimum pressure ratio for many turbos), and the exhaust has much less backpressure to deal with. The baro sensor might not be designed to compensate for a turbo, but it should help more than having it disabled. Try it yourself, since all situations are different.

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

I was hoping that baro correction table would be done in time for my next trip to the dragon in NC. I'm all up and down in altitude over there (6000ft elevation) and that table would have helped a bunch for this trip in April.