Cold Startup issue

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

civic4g
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by civic4g »

Unpluged the iacv and no drop in the rpm was seen. Closed idle screw until +/-500rpm as Gaskleppie recommended, now just need engine to be cold again and test. I've a felling that will have a good surprise because IACV DC correction is way different than it was. It was @ -68% and now it's very close to NO correction at all. Let's see how it behaves.
Last edited by civic4g on Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

Test done. It's better but not perfect, rpm still drops a couple times but far from stalling the engine. The AC trick will help until Calvin can code something (i hope he will), the idea is to get the IACV more/fully opened when ect is below certain temperature.

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

I have a lot of obd2 cars running and none of them needed a lot of extra tuning. I always set the idle part of the maps a bit on the rich side (13:1) and when I finish the tune and set closed loop on it runs nice without falling deep into the revs. I dont see the point of changing the software. Just tune the hardware right and the software will do the rest. Some extreme cam engines need extra care but I always got them right.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

As for tb´s with no FITV and OBD1 eacvs: I have contemplated setting up a solenoid using a general purpose output to draw in extra air @ coolant below 50c or something. I spent some time fighting against an annoying euro accord type R. Which has a 3-wire eacv, so I had to hook up an OBD1 one externally. It´s a pain :x /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Been having this issue now too... Car starts and idles perfectly cold...soon as I press in the throttle a little, rev drop and car stalls or almost stalls (depends on how cold it is outside). if I let the car warm up for a little, no issue once the car is a little warmer. I have a couple of ideas, but havent had a chance to play (just moving the car inside to outside and vice versa), but weird that it seems temp related to me.
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

hondagourou

Post by hondagourou »

xenocron wrote:Been having this issue now too... Car starts and idles perfectly cold...soon as I press in the throttle a little, rev drop and car stalls or almost stalls (depends on how cold it is outside). if I let the car warm up for a little, no issue once the car is a little warmer. I have a couple of ideas, but havent had a chance to play (just moving the car inside to outside and vice versa), but weird that it seems temp related to me.
Exactly the same issue here (-5°C and colder). With an obd2 ecu, everiting perfect. Someting in the OBD2 code correct this situation. My idle is 500rpm iacv disconnect.

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

It's getting worse. Help please.

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

You have to make cold start datalogs. Calvin is in Suriname and does not have these kind of cold temperatures. Make sure your wideband is working at cold start!
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

Maybe even power wideband from a seperate power source so accurate data is available right from the start (literally!) :) /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Wazzzup

Post by Wazzzup »

I wanted to make a coldstart log but eCtune is locked up. Temp is -7 celcius.
EG H22A 1/4 mile 13.6 sec @ Drachten with eCtune

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

run force update. It (now) update's to .6