B16 auto tranny setup...

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

eg6auto
http://phpbb3styles.net

B16 auto tranny setup...

Post by eg6auto »

I'm in a wheelchair and I have a B16 auto tranny setup. I have two p30 ecu's. Does Ectune work with my setup like crome?

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

As far as I know you dont need the 2nd ecu anymore. Calvin has tuned an automatic a while ago.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

u need a car with a seperate Auto tranny control unit. I did it on a few JDM cars obd2
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

ok, not without a auto control box.... sorry. cant this be made with a few GPO's and creative thinking?

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by xenocron »

Gaskleppie wrote:ok, not without a auto control box.... sorry. cant this be made with a few GPO's and creative thinking?
The TCU controls a few different functions that I dont think would be possible with GPOs, but maybe. The ECU just tells the TCU when to go into lockout right?
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

eg6auto

Post by eg6auto »

It is a hydraulic controlled trans, so the ECU only controls lock-up solenoids. So the program will work, right? Which one to buy?

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

eg6auto wrote:It is a hydraulic controlled trans, so the ECU only controls lock-up solenoids. So the program will work, right? Which one to buy?
With a B Series or H Series that has an external TCU, I usually recommend to customers to start with an Auto P75 ECU, add VTEC and leave it Auto. This is the only I KNOW has worked on setups. With D-Series, I dont believe there are any options...none of them came with TCUs that I know of.
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

eg6auto

Post by eg6auto »

I don't have a TCU. So it won't have any problems, then. I believe you were helping me on a few different areas from pgmfi. Where do I go to get more info on tuning, just mild for the best gas mileage?

calvin

Post by calvin »

if there is no TCU it won't work.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

eg6auto

Post by eg6auto »

Why not, won't the program work if crome did? I have a JDM OBD1 p30 ECU and trans, it is hydraulically controlled, not computer controlled. No need for a TCU in my model

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

I think he is using 2 ecu's now. 1 for the gearbox, and 1 for the engine. So then it should work.

eg6auto

fuel pump ?

Post by eg6auto »

Hello gents, I've had a Walbro 255 in the hatch since the swap. I've been getting poor fuel mileage. Would it be best if I put a stock fuel pump in, and retune until I'm boost'n?

xenocron

Re: fuel pump ?

Post by xenocron »

eg6auto wrote:Hello gents, I've had a Walbro 255 in the hatch since the swap. I've been getting poor fuel mileage. Would it be best if I put a stock fuel pump in, and retune until I'm boost'n?
The pump shouldnt be a problem...if it is, you would be better off putting an adjustable regulator and fuel pressure gauge on the rail and bringing it down to 41 psi.

eg6auto

Post by eg6auto »

I did that in mid summer, but it didn't seem to help all that much. I haven't been getting 200 miles to a tank. I had a 91 B16 head/93 JDM GSR bottom I thought my compression would be very low, so I'd been putting 89oct in it. Is that bad?

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

You have something else wrong then...