B16 auto tranny setup...

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

eg6auto
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by eg6auto »

I know I've been running rich for a while, have alot of carbon build up in the exhaust ports. Also, my sending unit is off, I'm ordering a new one Wednesday. What else should I be checking?

g.t engineering

Post by g.t engineering »

if the trans is not electric you don't need a tcu

eg6auto

Post by eg6auto »

Are you able to boost by gear with automatics?

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by xenocron »

eg6auto wrote:Are you able to boost by gear with automatics?
if you add the EGR hardware and set up the gear ratios correctly I dont see why not
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

eg6auto

Post by eg6auto »

Will that work with a JDM P30 Auto ECU, that's using the auto pinouts noted? Has anyone else done it yet?

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

eg6auto wrote:Will that work with a JDM P30 Auto ECU, that's using the auto pinouts noted? Has anyone else done it yet?
Nope...no EGR circuit on the P30 ECUs You need an Auto P75, chipped, converted to VTEC and PWM Added
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

eg6auto

Post by eg6auto »

I can't run Integra auto ECU's on the auto B16. ECU must match trans on auto setup. What the lean protection, and how to use?

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

eg6auto wrote:I can't run Integra auto ECU's on the auto B16. ECU must match trans on auto setup. What the lean protection, and how to use?
Why not? Have you tried? With an separate TCU the only thing you should have to worry about is the auto lockup solenoid, which you should be able to configure with GPOs if the ECUs dont match with how they handle that. Lean protection is self-explanatory...look at the parameters. based on a voltage the ECU sees, if it goes to lean for too long, the ECU will "cut" to protect the motor.

eg6auto

Post by eg6auto »

Integra's have diff valve body, plus more than one set of lockup solenoids. This was the first thing me and the trans tech a level 10 talked about in 2004. My trans is hydraulically controlled, that's why I don't have a TCU. My ECU looks identical to the manual jdm P30 w/knock board. Will I have have to run a different boost controller, if so, which? How are the signals that run through the AT lockups? It doesn't seem like I could use them if AT trans is hoked up.

phatintegra

Post by phatintegra »

I'm in the same boat. I'm building a fully built LS/VTEC with a B16 head I also have a JDM SIR-G automatic OBD2 transmission runing a JDM B16 OBD1 Automatic P30 ECU that I will be using a OBD2 to OBD1 jumper harness. I need to know what are my options are on tuning/chiping. The only option I got was the Greddy Ultimate will work. I'm trying to expand my options to see if I can chip it. Then using a pigy back system.

eg6auto

Post by eg6auto »

Ectune works great, I'm still trying to find out how to boost by gear using the solenoid with our auto setup. Very affordable and reliable engine managment with teh support. feel free to email me with pics, setup info or questions. Also put hem on Ectune for others to gather info. The auto setups actually get down pretty hard. Do you have LSD?

phatintegra

Post by phatintegra »

I think I will try them out (eCtune) since it works on the JDM Auto P30 ECU. I don't have to do anything except just send the ECU out to have it chip and socket. Get the tuner to tune it.

eg6auto

Post by eg6auto »

Xenocron is near you in N.J. He sockets ECU's, sells the hardware-Ostrich, and He is a Ectune distributor and Tuner. He can get you together, unless you have someone local. I really enjoy my eCtune, It's a very good program that's affordable, user-friendly, and has online support.

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Back from the death... What is the best way to wire up a auto tranny? What is the best auto ecu to pick? Is there some kind of ecu that only does the automatic I can use? What wires are needed to get the auto tranny working? Does anybody has an list of things to do? The car is a delsol with a D series 1.6 Vtec engine. All help is welkom.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

eg6auto

Post by eg6auto »

Is the car body manual or auto? When I did the manual to auto conversion n my 92 SI, I swapped everything over from my 94 EX auto. OBD1 auto trans are hydraulically controlled, OBD2 and up are electronic. the P28 auto ECU for(M24) would be preferred, but it depends on the trans model. Give more info on the setup, and what main wiring harness it is.