Relation between injection timing/fuel value raw

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Piv
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Relation between injection timing/fuel value raw

Post by Piv »

Hi everyone, I was wondering what was the relation between the injection timing and the fuel value raw I saw the difference on 2 differents maps on 2 differents software (Smanager/eCtune) for the same basemap (P30UDM) The dutycycle looks differents as well :? Would anyone know something about that ? Thanks Romain/Piv

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

A basemap is just what is says it is... a basemap. Something what would work, but needs adjustment. So you can't compair two basemaps. The two maps will be close matching, but probably won't be exactly the same. It's getting an other story when you're talking about stockmaps. But we're talking basemaps, not stockmaps. I think this is why you see (little) differences. Also take in account that an ECU has (temperature) corrections. If the value in the map is 'low' and the correction is 'high' this would result in the same dutycycle as when the same value in the map is 'high' and the correction is low. so, to much parameters are involved to make a compairison on JUST the map values.

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

He isnt talking about basemaps...he is asking about injection timing. I have asked Calvin about this a long while ago, but its apparantly buried DEEP in the code somewhere as no one has the ability to play with injection timing. The only thing that MIGHT work to advance or retard the time at which the fuel injector is pulsed is by advancing or retarding the distributor and adjusting the spark timing in the maps accordingly. I havent seen anyone post any results of testing this out with a scope or anything...so I am not sure anyone has gotten in depth with it. My belief is that depending on the setup, there is a lot of power available by being able to play with the fuel injection timing.
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

I havent seen anyone post any results of testing this out with a scope or anything...so I am not sure anyone has gotten in depth with it.
I have played with it once. I changed the dizzy and corrected the timing on the complete maps. This way only the injection start time was changed. Funny thing was that I managed to get some extra horses out at lower revs. At high revs it didnt do much. I forgot if I retarded or if I advanced the dizzy. If you are tuning for drivability it could be worth to try.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

I don't think he talking about what either one of you guys are talking about lol.. I think what he means, is the RAW table values.. The raw injection table values are arbitrary numbers that the ECu uses, they will be different between eCtune Smanager and Crome because each of these different softwares calculates fueling differently.. So you can't just copy those values from S300 to eCtune or crome, they don't translate.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Piv

Post by Piv »

Bugermass wrote:I don't think he talking about what either one of you guys are talking about lol.. I think what he means, is the RAW table values.. The raw injection table values are arbitrary numbers that the ECu uses, they will be different between eCtune Smanager and Crome because each of these different softwares calculates fueling differently.. So you can't just copy those values from S300 to eCtune or crome, they don't translate.
You're right Bugermass :lol: Good answers but I meant the RAW table values, thanks for the other answers mates, but I got it right with Bugermass's one :P

calvin

Post by calvin »

all software are different. I beleive everybody does things different. Crome, eCtune, Neptune, S300
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

calvin wrote:all software are different. I beleive everybody does things different. Crome, eCtune, Neptune, S300
Dont forget TurboEdit, I always like how he used actual Pulsewidth values in the fuel tables :)
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...