IAT Temperature Rising

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

spraymysol
http://phpbb3styles.net

IAT Temperature Rising

Post by spraymysol »

I was driving from state to state recently and 100 miles into my trip I did a 2nd gear pull and the IAT climbed high, and didn't go back down like normal. It would only go down when the injector duty cycle is high. And now the IAT rises really quickly and you have to be tapping boost to kind of cool the motor with the extra fuel. It only gets up to around 100ish and goes back and forth from 90 but it used to be real stable at 88. I drove for another 100 miles and it didn't help cool it any on the highway. What causes IAT temps to do that? It just rises super quick. It is not heat soak from idling, it happens when moving, I have drove the car boosted for close to 30,000 miles so far about 6,000 on eCtune. I have my hunches, but I want to hear the someone elses answer before I contaminate anyone's view. Head lift/gasket? I lose coolant sometimes... but it doesn't smoke... IACV? Coolant running under the TB and heating the intake charge... I need to adjust the valve lash soon, it has a small amount of chatter..., I'll tighten my headstuds while im at it It doesn't burn any oil, maybe a half quart every 3,000 miles and dogging it out. But I am pretty confident something got messed up when I got on it in second gear... I am too tired from driving to mess with it until the morning...