Best plugs for nitrous?

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Best plugs for nitrous?

Post by Gaskleppie »

I got a pretty special car to do. Its got a 1800cc Dart engine 9:1 with JRSC @ 17psi. It runs quite good but now they want a 150shot nitrous on it. The plugs I use right now are ngk 4554 heat range 8. The plugs seems to be ok but there is a kind of pearly glance on them. The color is ok, but I dont like this pearly glance on them. Do I need other plugs?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

I'd go with some 9s and see how they do. If they look like they are running on the hot side then don't hesitate to throw some 10s in there. Get the non projected type. With nitrous you want the elast amount of spark plug intrusion, cause when they stick out far the ground strap will get really hot and can turn into a glow plug if it can't transfer enough heat to the rest of the plug body..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by xenocron »

I'd do my best to monitor EGTs in this motor as well :)
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...