BEST way to wire an aftermarker injector driver?

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

cbustuner
http://phpbb3styles.net

BEST way to wire an aftermarker injector driver?

Post by cbustuner »

I'm currently in the market for an injector driver setup for my fic injectors.I want to try to get them to idle lower then low 13's afr :lol: What's the best way to wire one up like lets say the newer fjo with less wires? Make my own new injector harness? Wire it completely into my obdb-obd1 jumper harness (if that's possble) I have a 96-00 so i would like to avoid using the dead connector on the engine harness because if I don't get this right on the frst try with the engine out I'm screwed cause it's a bitch to get to. Possible idea I had. Buy some dtm connectors wire up a new injector harness using all new wires and plugs, run a dtm connector along the main engine wire harness to the cabin and tap into the 4 ecu injector outputs and the 12volt injector wire. Another quick question..Should I solder connections I make on this? I know solder can increase resistance so is that a bad idea? any other drivers I should be looking at besides an fjo? I think xenocron has a new one out.

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by xenocron »

you can make a 1-1 connector harness for the A plug only... but since you already have a conversion harness, just wire it into that let me know if you need a driver, I have the FJO and I have a new unit that is slightly more cost effective and actually a little better quality. ive installed them on a few cars and I use the conversion harness (easiest)
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

cbustuner

Post by cbustuner »

which is easier to wire up? the fjo or yours? That will probably be the one I buy How do you go about wiring it up to the jumper harness? I cracked open the fsm and all the related pins I could find were on the b plug (99-00 obd2b) The wires I found all on plug B pin 1 (fuel injector 12v ouput) pin 11 fuel injector 1 ecu output pin 3 fuel injector 2 ecu output pin 4 fuel injector 3 ecu output pin 5 fuel injector 4 ecu output is that basically all I need?