How long time on a Dyno

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Piv
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

How long time on a Dyno

Post by Piv »

I was wondering, once the car is strapped on the dyno and everything ready, how long time do you take to remap a car with a basemap working already Not just at full throttle but every load and every RPM :?:
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: United Kingdom www.artech-tuning.co.uk

Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

between 1.5 and 6 hours.
Synoptic Tuning Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

I can do a VTEC honda in about 30 mins as long as theres no problems with the car in the middle of the tuning session.. This would be your average boosted Stock motor setup..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

now if its a built motor car that the customer wants to max out on pump gas/race gas then it could take 45 mins or it could take hours depending on the setup and what ends up maxing out first.

Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Bugermass wrote:now if its a built motor car that the customer wants to max out on pump gas/race gas then it could take 45 mins or it could take hours depending on the setup and what ends up maxing out first.
with all ignition and cam gears ajustement ?
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec, Canada www.precisionautocanada.com

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

i usually have all the setup done before i get on the dyno.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

Piv

Post by Piv »

Ok so what do you think if the \"best tuners\" in England take 4-6hours to remap a K20 standard internals just with I/E mods I was just wondering myself if I should take more than 2hours to remap a K20 on purpose just because its the way to do mapping over here in England :roll: Its really start to irritate me :evil:
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: United Kingdom www.artech-tuning.co.uk

Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Piv wrote:Ok so what do you think if the "best tuners" in England take 4-6hours to remap a K20 standard internals just with I/E mods I was just wondering myself if I should take more than 2hours to remap a K20 on purpose just because its the way to do mapping over here in England :roll: Its really start to irritate me :evil:
tuning K serie is like tuning a B series with cam gears, it's test and try setting to make the best powercurve it's long
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec, Canada www.precisionautocanada.com

Piv

Post by Piv »

It will be nearly the same everytime if you dont change you internals You take a B-series standard internals with cam gears and you will see it doesnt take 4hours to set them as you know where you have to go and an intake and an exhaust will not change everything, it still the same cams and the cam timing from manufacture is damn good already I'm maybe wrong but that what I've seen always make good power at 50deg advance and retard between 20-30 at the redline for a standard K-series Different exhaust, different intake and always the same facts If anyone has another experience ?

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

K series is a different story.. It does take alotta time if you wanna get it perfect.. But B,D,H series is cake lol..

Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

tuning a very complicated built K can take up to 6 hours. a stock K20 + k-pro with bolt ons, should take about 2 hours or less since the basemap from hondata is already good.
Synoptic Tuning Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Piv

Post by Piv »

Ok :D Thanks :wink:

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

Why are K-series so different?

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

cause you have 20 maps to tune 10 fuel and 10 timing... then you have to build 2 cam angle maps based of the results of tuning the 20 other maps.. If you wanna squeek every last HP out of it throughout the whole power band.

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

Does that have to do with I-vtec? Im a noob