What do you think about SM-AFR + DM-5

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

b20beast
http://phpbb3styles.net

What do you think about SM-AFR + DM-5

Post by b20beast »

Is the PLX SM-AFR + DM-5 Wideband good? could this do Serial Logging like LC1?

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

i have this exact setup. Love it. Its just so easy to use and install. It does not have serial connection but you should be able to convert to a serial cable.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

98vtec wrote:i have this exact setup. Love it. Its just so easy to use and install. It does not have serial connection but you should be able to convert to a serial cable.
How would you convert it to serial? Chris said all plx have serial

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

Can ectune read 0-5V Wideband on D14 from PLX?

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

b20beast wrote:Can ectune read 0-5V Wideband on D14 from PLX?
CAN YOU PLEASE DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU ASK THESE KINDS OF QUESTIONS????? CAN YOU SELECT D14 IN THE WIDEBAND SETTINGS MENU?? YES!! CAN YOU SELECT PLX IN THE WIDEBAND SETTINGS MENU?? YES!! Fucking hell, is that that hard to find???......... If you keep on questioning these kind of questions before trying or researching, ill kick you from the forum!
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

hey no need to get on emotional. i did research. I do not have the plx in my hand at the moment, so i am 'researching'. I know with cr*me you cannot read 0-5V on the honda ecu/input. I was wondering if i needed to rescale my wideband voltages like the lc1.
Gaskleppie wrote:
b20beast wrote:Can ectune read 0-5V Wideband on D14 from PLX?
CAN YOU PLEASE DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU ASK THESE KINDS OF QUESTIONS????? CAN YOU SELECT D14 IN THE WIDEBAND SETTINGS MENU?? YES!! CAN YOU SELECT PLX IN THE WIDEBAND SETTINGS MENU?? YES!! f*** hell, is that that hard to find???......... If you keep on questioning these kind of questions before trying or researching, ill kick you from the forum!

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

b20beast wrote:hey no need to get on emotional. i did research. I do not have the plx in my hand at the moment, so i am 'researching'. I know with cr*me you cannot read 0-5V on the honda ecu/input. I was wondering if i needed to rescale my wideband voltages like the lc1.
but with CROME you CAN use a 0-5v input for wideband.... if you do the o2 0-5v mod, and scale it accordingly in CROME... it works fine. I am trying not to fuel any fires, but people get jumpy on simple things that could easily be found in the logger (free) version.... or on the website/help file. I myself get the same way with things, but it normally takes alot of ignorance for me to get there =)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

sorry if my approach is wrong but i just want to make sure i get it right when it is time for me to hook up everything. i have been very patient with my build and i do not want mishaps that can be avoided. Thanks everyone who contributed.