retune on race fuel/octane booster

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

poodlemuffer
http://phpbb3styles.net

retune on race fuel/octane booster

Post by poodlemuffer »

just wondered how much you can advance the igintion with using race fuel compared to pump fuel ?. i was reading about NF Octane booster and claims to raise octane from 98Ron to 101/2 RON (UK) . is it as simply as advancing the igintion on the whole map ?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

really, your only needing to play with ignition where you are making power.... but generically almost the whole map. I stay away from \"add-in\" octane boosters... your just putting in crap which is going to leave residues and change the burn. not my preference. higher octane fuel, well, it depends... it depends on your setup and how well your motor responds to timing. Some you can get alot, some still detonate or flatten out for some reason. If your not running a cat or o2 sensor, I would look into AvGas (aviation fuel). It's 100LL or 133LL (LL: Low Lead), and lead adds a much better detonation resistance than other high octane fuels... plus the lead is a great upper cylinder lubercant, and has more benefits.... but it does require you to pay more attention to your spark plugs as it leaves deposits. Plus, it is still technically \"pump gas\" and at 1/2 the price or cheaper than high-octane fuel you can get at stores/gas stations.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

poodlemuffer

Post by poodlemuffer »

cool, will look into that, my setup is fine the way it is and i have no real reason to run race fuel but im just interested in it, 386hp and daily driven is more than enough. i think i would only run it if it was a track car. was thinking about building a really high compression b16 with throttle bodies and use high octane , just something to tinker with in the garage. :twisted:

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

with my JRSC I added over 10deg to nearly the entire map, and it still seemed like it wanted more.... With AvGas that is!
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

poodlemuffer

Post by poodlemuffer »

nice, what was the difference in power after tuning the ignition ?. i was out in the car last night testing the antilag and launching hard and ive kinda got the bug again for going fast, so looking at race fuel and more boost. :twisted:

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

Alot of people over look the step of ign tuning.. in my car i've seen almost gains ofr upper 12~15 whp just from correcting ign tuning for the AFR of the motor not to mention cam tuning.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

yes Avgas not octane booster;) i run the same
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

g.t engineering

Post by g.t engineering »

what's the octane rating avgas :?:

Adam Hopkins
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Adam Hopkins »

usually around 108 to 110 around here
Regards, Adam Hopkins eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Murfreesboro, Tn, USA

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

E85 ftw

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

100 octane here. I was unsure about it when we used it.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

poodlemuffer

Post by poodlemuffer »

what sort of difference in power after switchin from pump gas ?. and what difference in ignition at full boost ?