Need your thoughts please

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Bindegal »

A muffler can collapse on itself without you knowing it. I have seen it happen a number of times - AFR is suddenly rich, because the defective exhaust is resulting in low low engine power. And I would definately verify cambelt timing also. It´s a simple thing to do. Whether or not the engine is stock makes 0 difference here, shit CAN happen and WILL happen. What I´m saying is that sometimes/often there is a simple and mechanical/electrical cause to these kind of problems. For some reason the electronics/software stuff just ALWAYS gets the blame first :) /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

I'm not, not going to check these things (the whole idea of the thread) its just funny how this happened in the middle of a ride. I mean now with the .cal reloaded the car runs great, I feel if it were something mechanical I would still have some issue I would be able to diagnose, but there is nothing I can see. Car runs great, still makes power,ECT corrections seem to be doing nothing for me for the last 2 releases, my throttle issue I had previously which was diagnosed as needing TPS recalibration never fixed it but after the release of 2.3 the issue is gone and then this issue. So its a bit hard not to blame something in the software/hardware when that's basically the only thing that changes month to month. By no means am I complaining as these are little things and I know Calvin will get everything worked out but my car cutting out for what seems to be no reason is a bit unsettling when taking the car out on a long trip.

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

Sorry I somehow got the idea it was an on-going problem.... Disregard previous post pls :) /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark