IAT ign corrections

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

ckretvix
http://phpbb3styles.net

IAT ign corrections

Post by ckretvix »

Noticed my IATs get pretty high (like 135) at the track last weekend. I noticed lower trap speeds and blamed it on the 30mph gust down track. But after looking at the logs it seems the IAT ign. retard was coming into effect (no means a bad thing, I like protection). Just wondering what you guys use for that table. Right now my table is unchanged (so 2.5 deg retard starting at 135).

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by xenocron »

if you arent supercharged...zero it out
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

xenocron wrote:if you arent supercharged...zero it out
Should I not worry about those temps?

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

I wouldn't zero it all out, just zero it out up to a higher temp like 150-160.. If for some reason your IATs get really hot you want that protection.. 135 is slightly warm, but its not gonna hurt anything. I usually zero out the ECT up to about 210 deg then I let it pull a shit load of timing after that. If your ECTs are getting higher than that you shouldn't be running the car until you get better cooling, same thing if your going over 150 IAT or so.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

Bugermass wrote:I wouldn't zero it all out, just zero it out up to a higher temp like 150-160.. If for some reason your IATs get really hot you want that protection.. 135 is slightly warm, but its not gonna hurt anything. I usually zero out the ECT up to about 210 deg then I let it pull a shit load of timing after that. If your ECTs are getting higher than that you shouldn't be running the car until you get better cooling, same thing if your going over 150 IAT or so.
Well they only got warm from sitting in line waiting to race. As soon as the car started moving down the track they dropped at least 10 degrees. On the highway on an 80 deg day they usually hover around 100-110 or so.

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by xenocron »

This is why it also depends on where your IAT sensor is placed...I should have mentioned that.
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

Its in the stock location atm.