Help! Ignition timing way off, and car runs badly.

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

AFAccord
http://phpbb3styles.net

Help! Ignition timing way off, and car runs badly.

Post by AFAccord »

I was heading out of town this afternoon and was about 45 miles from home when I merged onto the interstate. I was accelerating in 3rd gear, then shifted to 4th and got a nasty gargling sound from the exhaust. It only does it at low throttle position (<15%), and sounds like a Harley. At 0 throttle it sounds fine, and above ~25% it is alright, but lacks some power. I know my timing is normally anywhere from ~28 to 45 degrees. I noticed on my Tunerview that my ignition timing stays between 5 and 12 degrees when cruising, up to 18 degrees when WOT, and hovers as low as 3 degrees when at 0 throttle. What could have possibly caused the car to do this?!?! F23A1 in 2000 Accord, mild head work, cam, and bolt-ons, OBD1 converted with P61, tuned with eCtune of course. The car has been OBD1 for over a year now with no issues. Help me out!

AFAccord

Post by AFAccord »

Here's a datalog file from running down the street. Looks like the ECU isn't seeing my MAP sensor since it's staying at 4.8V. That might explain why the car does better at WOT...
Attachments
bad_30052009_2139.elf
Run down the street
(372.86 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
bad2_30052009_2143.elf
Back to the house
(495.17 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

AFAccord

Post by AFAccord »

Well, I plugged in the MAP sensor from my stock TB this morning and found a nice 0.00psi, so I swapped it out and started the car up. She ran a little rough at first, but at least she ran on her own! Took her down the road and back, and now she's good as new.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

cool man
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.