G-tech torque graph useful?

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

confUsed
http://phpbb3styles.net

G-tech torque graph useful?

Post by confUsed »

Sorry if this is the wrong forum or something, I'd just wanted to hear your opinions on this... Around here there are very few dyno's, they are very expensive, and no tuner has touched ectune (unless I take a ~10 hours trip). And I know if I go and get a tune, after a few weeks I will get bored and change something in my setup that will require a new map anyway. I am loking at the newest g-tech thingy which uses the rpm signal and an accelerometer to create a torque graph. I know it will never be as good as a real dyno, and the numbers can be way off because of all the variables such as weight etc, but I really dont care about numbers, 1/4 mile etc. The torque curve before and after a change in the map is what matters anyway. I will be pulling plugs and using a detcan (and wideband of course), but since I am pretty new to this, an indication of wether I loose or gain torque would be very useful. It only costs as much as one hour worth of dynotime around here anyway :p If I get clean runs on the same road in the same weather conditions without wheelspin, there should be possible to create useful data out of rpm and an accelerometer, right? Whats your thoughts? thanks

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

My humble opinion on g-force accelerometer units... If used correctly, they can give you some idea of the power/torque. But for what I do with a dyno, it´s useless. On the dyno I look for those minute changes in torque so I can find MBT. Like 1-4HP between runs as I change ignition timing. And from my experience, the accelerometer (or rather the road itself) has too much variation between runs to be useful. /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark