advice on installing TWM ITBs

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

EITCP
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

advice on installing TWM ITBs

Post by EITCP »

i got TWM ITBs and i am installing them on integra DC2 type r. i got few question for somebody who installed them before. -do i need IACV valve? i know i can disable it in ectune but i don't know what idle i would have when the negine will be cold, especially in cold weather - i probably need vacuum canister to have air for brake booster and MAP sensor. -i discovered that throttle cable wire is too long for those itbs. Thanks for every help/advice i will get.
---------------------------------- TUNERC team eCtune Authorised Tuner for Slovenia Passed ACP course at EFI University in Temecula, CA, November 07

turbo4life

Post by turbo4life »

ya you should use a iacv. its not that hard to wire it in plus you will get the benefit of fast cold idle and such. you may try using a bosch iacv a 2 wire model cam on various european cars of the late 80's and into the 90's vw mercades bmw and others. run a syncronizing tube between all the runners like most have a small vaccume line connecting all the runners and hooked up to a map sensor but i dont know how well that will work. good luck

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

I did a couple of setups with idle control that worked nicely. I had the customer run 2 sets of vacuum lines to the runners. 1 (small) for MAP only. And another (bigger to flow more air) for idle, brake booster and such. At the time we used Crome, though. With NO working idle control at all so I ended up using a mechanical fast-idle valve. Today we would have used an IACV instead of course which would probably have worked even better. /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

remoer
Location: Fountain Inn, SC were ppl still rock on banjos. hear that, run.

Post by remoer »

turbo4life wrote:ya you should use a iacv. its not that hard to wire it in plus you will get the benefit of fast cold idle and such. you may try using a bosch iacv a 2 wire model cam on various european cars of the late 80's and into the 90's vw mercades bmw and others. run a syncronizing tube between all the runners like most have a small vaccume line connecting all the runners and hooked up to a map sensor but i dont know how well that will work. good luck
i'm going to be running ITBs and a while ago i had this same question. and i came across this pic. which is what i will be doing. i can"t remember where i found it but i had it save tho. i have a piture in how to fix this problem but it won't let me up load it from my photobucket..

remoer
Location: Fountain Inn, SC were ppl still rock on banjos. hear that, run.

Post by remoer »

figured it out Image

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

Would anyone know where i can find this box that fits the iVac? and it looks to be like a giant vac box.
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

DanGrey

Post by DanGrey »

Another question. Where is the Pilot Bearing Seal located? I dont have any manual. And I dont have time to google.. many many thanks..