CRX won't idle

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

CRXEE8
http://phpbb3styles.net

CRX won't idle

Post by CRXEE8 »

Okay it got this problem after I build a new engine and changed my fuel system. The car will start up for 500 ms - 1 second and shut off right away. I have made the whole setup as OEM as possible for start up. Right now I'm using 240cc injectors, OEM distributor and map sensor. My fuel setup is a Walbro 255 intank with a Bosch 044 inline using a Aeromotive Pro EFI FPR. I get spark on all four spark plugs and the injectors activates when I manually turn the distributor wheel. I have tried with different base maps, changed the offsets in eCtune etc. and it still the same. I have only made the car idle two times but at low RPM. When I hit the gas the engine goes out. Can someone see anything wrong in the datalog?
Attachments
crx starter op 2.elf
(57.78 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

IHaveTurbos
<font color=red>eCtune Authorized Dealer</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by IHaveTurbos »

You need to post your .cal also.
Tim - Owner of Turbo Elements www.turboelements.com Dynocom DC-1800sz-SE

dbsharp

Post by dbsharp »

were you constantly moving the gas pedal back and forth? post the cal

DyeceDic73

CRX wont idle

Post by DyeceDic73 »

ya so my car wont idle when its warm. say when lm stoped at a light the rpms drop and it dies on me i was wonderin if its just the injectors or could i just adjust the idle?

M2_Motorsports

Post by M2_Motorsports »

DyeceDic73 wrote:ya so my car wont idle when its warm. say when lm stoped at a light the rpms drop and it dies on me i was wonderin if its just the injectors or could i just adjust the idle?
my car did that until I got the battery offset dialed in. I used the "turn everything on" method to drop battery voltage. Some will go as far as unhooking the alt. Also, you should start your own thread instead of hijacking this one. :wink: