Counter Shaft Bolt Nut!!!

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

utkuselamoglu
http://phpbb3styles.net

Counter Shaft Bolt Nut!!!

Post by utkuselamoglu »

Hi I am having a problem with my b16 tranny(hydrolic).. I have 4.05 pro m factory final drive with pro gear set.. There is no problem with the setup and the parts everything works fine but I am having broken my tranny case second time in a week... When I try to launch at firsth gear the bolt nut of the counter shaft loosen and the shaft moves left and right I think and hits the case and its broken... Then something happens beacuse of the movement of the counter shaft and it not shifts the second gear anymore. Other gears are okey... What could be the possible reason for this issue? What Do I have to do to prevent this..??.I am affraid of having broken my case again if I change the tranny case with the same parts installed again... The shift forks are okey- the shaft is okey - the gears seems okey and the case seems okey... I am using loctatite also to lock the nut on the shaft...
utku selamoglu

Natural Aspirations

Post by Natural Aspirations »

Sounds as if the bearing is binding need to check end play. trans should rotate pretty smoothly when assembled.

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

Natural Aspirations wrote:Sounds as if the bearing is binding need to check end play. trans should rotate pretty smoothly when assembled.
I said, Everything is just fine rotating very well and all off the bearing were new... I had this issue 2 times...
utku selamoglu

ge0ne
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by ge0ne »

Nut should be tightened 11 kgms but i would go at 12... Secure it as best as you can.
Regards, George Nerantzis diasiq eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: All over Greece

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

ge0ne wrote:Nut should be tightened 11 kgms but i would go at 12... Secure it as best as you can.
Yes I did it too... I have tightened maybe more than 11 kgms...
utku selamoglu

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

Check the Shim clearances in the diff to housing. that's the only thing i can think of.

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

b20beast wrote:Check the Shim clearances in the diff to housing. that's the only thing i can think of.
That is fine...
utku selamoglu

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

the same problem occured 3rd time again.. What am I have to try to prevent this issue?
utku selamoglu

g.t engineering

Post by g.t engineering »

post some pics of the damage

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by xenocron »

What does MFactory tell you to try?
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

D.Oxync

Counter Shaft Bolt Nut

Post by D.Oxync »

How so?

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

xenocron wrote:What does MFactory tell you to try?
He has asked some photos from me... but I think I have found out the main problem it is all about the tranny case.. Inside the tranny case there is bearing guide which gets 2 of the counter shaft bearings inside. That surface of that part break down a liddle bit and it makes the ball bearing tighten and the bearing failures... In conclusion the bearing becomes pull to pieces and makes the nut loosen or etc... I am going to buy a new tranny case and again I am going to change all of the bearings inside the tranny.. This time if it fails again :) I will try some sequential transmission or dog box gear set of Mfactory with a new tranny.:)
utku selamoglu

Tiewoli09

Counter Shaft Bolt Nut

Post by Tiewoli09 »

no the flanges are off the front of an explorer Rear shaft and will bolt to a 7.5 the shaft used is a front shaft with the rear flanges installed on it after the cv chunk was cut out

elevation

Post by elevation »

weld the F'n nut on the shaft after you torque it... I weld the spider shaft in the old b series all the time works great( the one with the sprung roll pin for retaining the shaft rather than solid pin.)
regards eCtune authorized tuner eCtune team Colorado Springs, CO- USA elevationauto.com