alternator problems Ectune relate?

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

pullig
http://phpbb3styles.net

alternator problems Ectune relate?

Post by pullig »

I have a 95 honda prelude with Jdm h22a .. Currently running Ectune. Im having a problem with my alternator going out on me ... Which i dunno if its coincidental or if the program is causing my problem... The first alternator that went out it was a few years old which it Probably just went out due to old age.. The second one i picked up at a parts store and 2 weeks later the same thing happened... I had it tested it was outputting only 9-10 volts.. I have ELD disabled and Alternator control disabled .. Is there any chance that could have caused my alternators to fail? Also i just tried to open ectune and i get this error message Contact Ectune ([email protected]) with MSGID 004H Soon as i click ok its exits out of ectune completely ... I have it updated and everything to 2.3R4 pro ostrich version any help is greatly appreciated thanks

thething96

Post by thething96 »

I believe that if you disable the eld, you're making your alternator work harder than it should. That's what I've been told, not too sure how true it is...................

pullig

Post by pullig »

Yeah I Thought disabling eld. Caused the alt to output max volts all the time.

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Wich is standard for some EDM alternator's wich dont have alt-control and ELD.

danz

Post by danz »

yes, no ELD in canada (for my chassis anyways) let me guess, your \"new\" alternator was either made in china or a bosch reman from mexico?? :roll:

pullig

Post by pullig »

It was a reman from advance auto parts. Worldwide is the name brand I just thought it was weird because before I had disabled those things I had a working altErnator for 2 years plus. Then it went out so I got another which was the reman. Unit. And it failed the same way in two weeks. The guy at the parts store said those alternators have a 1% fail rate according to him. Maybe I was in that 1%. Lol