High idle...white smoke

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

eg6auto
http://phpbb3styles.net

High idle...white smoke

Post by eg6auto »

Newly built motor. Gsr bottom rebuilt B16 head w/ crower S&R ITR Intake mani Stock Exhaust mani CTR cams Arp head bolt new head gasket B16 auto trans w/LSD LC-1 wideband wired into P30 ECU running stock Type R cal I got cel for IACV and primary O2 heater, disabled O2 and plugged up Iacv. after that car idles high at 2200rpms or so, and I'm getting a lot of white smoke from exhaust, before plugging IACV in, it idled at 1200, but it was bouncy before wideband was reading through ECU. please help

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

you should do a compression test

David974

Post by David974 »

Did you tune the idle , adjust injector offset, battery offsets? and play with IAC settings

eg6auto

Post by eg6auto »

No, but will try this morning. injector and battery offset? what's that to do?

thething96

Post by thething96 »

Did you try replacing the pcv valve????????????????????

eg6auto

Post by eg6auto »

what pcv valve?

eg6auto

Post by eg6auto »

If I unplug IACV, rpms are 1-1.2k, but rapidly bouncy, no white smoke for 1-3min, then heavier. When plugged, rpms stay 2-2.3k, and gradually heavier`white smoke from exhaust. I'm thinking since new HG, and head with ARP HB's, disconnect coolant lines from TB and IACV and check start engine?...

thething96

Post by thething96 »

What dou YOU mean what pcv valve? The pcv valve is a little valve with an elbow that connects through a vacuum hose from your block to your intake manifold. It's almost like a check valve. It relieves cranks pressure directly to your intake manifold(having a catch can would be better). On my most current setup, I had the same issue. Installed a stock Type R and it was idling high and smocking, a lot of white smoke. I would unplug the iacv and it would idle lower still white smoke coming out, but not as much. It's a $4 piece, most every auto parts places sale them. That would be a good starting point..............

eg6auto

Post by eg6auto »

Thanks, that was it!

thething96

Post by thething96 »

What did the trick for you?

eg6auto

Post by eg6auto »

I thought the piece that goes through the IM was just a fitting that would easily come out. well it was previously broken so I took it out, not knowing, and ran a strait hose to the breather. I now know what a pcv valve actually is. I blocked off the intake mani, that brought idle to normal, and no more white smoke! I ordered a new pcv valve, thanks for your help! Ectune support is the best!