Could use some input on this .cal

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

ninezeroteg
http://phpbb3styles.net

Could use some input on this .cal

Post by ninezeroteg »

New to ectune, and have spent the last few days dialing in the AFR's in my low cam map. Tonight I plugged in my det can, and was listening during some WOT pulls with the AFR's dialed in, and noticed some \"rattling\" sounds at high loads. Mostly between 929 and 1039 mbar and 3k and 3.5k RPM and then from 4.5k to 6k RPM. I ended up pulling a lot of timing out in those areas, but am still getting a little hint of the sound that I think may be det. I also hear it for a split second here and there during tip in too. Anyway, I ended up with my timing only 18.5 degrees at full load and RPM to get rid of most of what I think is det. Does that seem a little too much to have to retard my timing to get the det to stop? It's a full built B20 vtec, stock B17 head. Internals are fully balanced with RS race 12.5:1 pistons running on 93 octane fuel. .cal attached.
Attachments
B20vtec P72 Base 345 inj rev 09-02-09 c.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 130 times

ninezeroteg

Post by ninezeroteg »

UPDATE: Ended up being plug gap. I'm running R5671A-8 plugs and had them gapped at .042. Changed the gap to .035 and cleared everything up.

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

it should also be known that forged pistons make a good bit more noise than cast.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

ninezeroteg

Post by ninezeroteg »

Indeed. I had thought about going with forged internals originally, but decided to go with 84.5mm cast Type R Replicas from RS Machines instead since my application is NA and daily driven. Will be doing some WOT pulls later today and pulling the plugs to read. I'll post up some pictures in a new thread when I get them.