eacv / iacv is being fully activated all times

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

bseriesthis
http://phpbb3styles.net

eacv / iacv is being fully activated all times

Post by bseriesthis »

92 hatch with a p28. Everything worked okay before my tear down. Going back to boost from N/A ITB setup. Get it all done and plug in a friends computer, since my chip burner was in storage, he has ectune. I notice that the eacv is humming. I've ruled it down to a signal from the computer, all other wiring seems to be fine. Only thing, it does it with both computers, my friends, and mine. I'm stumped. I even loaded an old uberdata file from when i use to be boosted, same thing. No chip even, same thing. I've done all the normal electrical troubleshooting that i can think of, what would make it stick wide open, on two different computers. My friends runs his car with no issues also. I would love to drive this car, i have missed boost, help!! Also, this is a summer car/track day car. I had no issues with the ITB setup and ideling, but how do i do it without the itb's. Do i just adjust the idle screw until i get a decent idle, and that's that. If i disable the iacv in the program, what about colder starts and what not, i do live in Michigan after all.

TheGuardian

Post by TheGuardian »

Sounds like a short to ground problem on one of the signal wires running from the ECU to IACV. That would explain why it stays open on both ECUs.

bseriesthis

Post by bseriesthis »

You would think, but I am now running a wire straight from the computer to the iacv. Same problem. Something in the ecu, or another input into the ecu is telling it to ground. I don't know the inner working of the ecu though. Today I was trying to get the car running without the iacv, anyone know of any good links on getting an idle without one. It was a lot easier with the ITBs

sewell94
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by sewell94 »

Easiest way w/o an iacv is to open the idle screw up some(or the main idle screw on the throttle butterfly), and let it idle alittle high. Then pull some timing in the idle cells to idle it lower.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Port St Lucie, Fl,

bseriesthis

Post by bseriesthis »

i mostly figured it out. The problem with doing a project 3 years ago, and then storing the car for two years is as follows. I used a GSXR throttle body setup for my itb's. I used the GSXR tps sensor, but had to switch two of the wires around, since the tps read backwards. Well, after tearing into my wiring harness twice, and spending three nights working on this, i finally dawned on me that i did this. Checked some pics and sure enough. So, that fixes the up down idle, and it actually idled decent, but the IACV still buzzes like crazy with just the ignition on. I don't remember it ever doing that before. So, half fixed. Any thoughts on the buzzing?