Relay clicking

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

civic4g
http://phpbb3styles.net

Relay clicking

Post by civic4g »

Hi Sometimes I notice that a few minutes (2 or 3) after i've started the car, I hear a relay clicking a few times and the engine stalls if the car is stopped and idling. If this happens when i'm already moving/cruising the engine will stall and recover. Any clue of what can cause this? Thanks in advance

relic1

Post by relic1 »

have you checked, replaced or repaired the main relay?
this is my $0.02, keep in mind that I can't spell

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

relic1 wrote:have you checked, replaced or repaired the main relay?
No, but I don't think the problem is on the relay because this only happens when demon is connected to the laptop. I also loose connectivity to demon when this happens, don't know if it's the lost of connectivity that makes the relay click or vice versa.

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

I have the same when I connect a tunerview to my ecu which has a normal chip. So its not the demon. I asked the guys from tunerview and the told me it was some kind of distortion in my car. I had to set some caps over the ttl connector in the ecu. Never tried it though... Normaly I dont have the tunerview connected.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

civic4g wrote:
relic1 wrote:have you checked, replaced or repaired the main relay?
No, but I don't think the problem is on the relay because this only happens when demon is connected to the laptop. I also loose connectivity to demon when this happens, don't know if it's the lost of connectivity that makes the relay click or vice versa.
it could be de deamon.... We had the same issue than we have checked that the deamon is not connected to the ECU correcly... there could be a short between the legs..
utku selamoglu

groottAnync

Relay clicking

Post by groottAnync »

im trimg to figure out if ,y fuel relay has gone bad but i cant find it. can someone please help me locate this. my car is not running and i need it bad. i have a 92 ls400. thanks for the help.

MantisX

Post by MantisX »

My car did this when I found my ribbon cable on my ostrich had gone bad. So it could indeed be an issue with whatever connects the demon to the ecu(No clue, dont own a demon) Hope this helps MantisX