Breaking Up at about 8000 Rpm

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

jiggacivic
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by jiggacivic »

I have been helping a friend of mine with his ectuned integra type r, we went on the dyno to tune the car and at about 7800-8000 rpm the car keep breaking up.the car has precesion 1000cc injectors,stock fuel lines had a b&m fuel pressure regulator(which was replaced with stock one), crane cams external coil, plugs are v-power 7s gapped to 0.20,car had q16 in it but it kept breaking up on the dyno and would not pass 21psi.the turbo is a borg warner turbo not sure of the specs on it though.i have the log file and .cal if anyone want to take a look at them.constructive criticism are welcome
Attachments
Tazq16.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
3rd run.elf
(2.57 MiB) Downloaded 167 times

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Take some other plugs. A type R engine at 21psi with heatrange 7 is asking for trouble. Try the NGK 4554 plug. Thats a heatrange 8 plug. Should be a lot better. If not, your coil is broken.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

jiggacivic

Post by jiggacivic »

oh by the way the car has 9.0:1 wiseco pistons and eagle rods.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

you need to go to a #8 plug, and either gap it down more or add timing up top.. I prefer gapping then adding timing rather than add timing to fix a missfire.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

I'd run an iridium also.. they have a more consentrated spark and will not blow out as easily as a copper.

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by xenocron »

Def need a smaller gap... Dont be scared to lean it out a little and add some timing with Q16
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

yeah what he said ^^^^ I didn't catch the Q16 part.. You can run it in the 12.8-13.4s with no problems if your on forged pistons, if your on stock cast then no leaner than like 12.0 . . Just run AFRs where it makes best power on your on forged pistons, you won't have any issues. Q16 is bad ass..

jiggacivic

Post by jiggacivic »

okay i will try leaning it out a bit more the car should be back at the dyno soon,but what about timing is it safe to run high timing on q16

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

heck yeah. As long as its a built motor.. Q16 will take tons of timing.. Just work your way into it.. I'd start by adding like 2-3 deg at a time. A K series car on pump usually runs less timing than a B, heres the map on Q16 with AFRS at 12.8-13.0 This is conservative, I plan on upping the boost to 55psi, leaning it out a little more and adding timing once we get it to hook, right now we can't get it to hook in 3rd at 30PSI with 26in slicks..
Attachments
Race_car_timing_map.jpg
Race_car_timing_map.jpg (220.18 KiB) Viewed 4584 times

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by xenocron »

LOL...on eCtune I might take a couple degrees out of that map on an efficient B-Series setup :)
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

You havn't done too many Q16 drag cars have you? lol .. . If you think thats alot, you should see the timing maps Chris Miller runs, or ask randy to send you the map from the RSTech integra.. your eyes will pop out lol.. The head on the RSX flows 330CFM, the motor comes out to 370CFM at 10500RPM, so its 90% efficient.. You will find it hard to get too much more efficient than that.. :)

Tiewoli09

Post by Tiewoli09 »

Hello all. In the process of replacing the dask clock with the mini tach. However, I cant seem to find what the max rpm is for the engine. Ive found a thread about the 302 was said about 6500rpm. I know a 289 and a 302 are just about the same engine, but im not sure about the red line. Any insight would be great. Thanx all