hard time building boost (anti-lag)

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

98vtec
http://phpbb3styles.net

hard time building boost (anti-lag)

Post by 98vtec »

its a built LS motor with OBX cams (ugh) and an sc63 turbo with .96AR T3 exhaust. All i can seem to pull out of it is 2-3psi and it takes a sec even to do that. Any help would be appreciated. This is my first time messing with the anti-lag feature. i am posting the cal
Attachments
dyess_round2.cal
Turbo B18b, OBX cams, Stock IM, Lovefab Log mani, sc63 T3 turbo
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

set your ignition to static.. add like 100fv and put retard at -6 deg. . engage around 4500-5000RPM... You should get plenty of boost.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

whats the reasoning behind using a static ignition?
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Doing that, your ignition will not be changed by other corrections. Your setting will be your ign if you know what i mean.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

Civic VTI-Turbo

Post by Civic VTI-Turbo »

I see your problem... set the revlimiter to only ignitioncut.
van Drie Tuning eCtune authorized tuner the Netherlands

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

Civic VTI-Turbo wrote:I see your problem... set the revlimiter to only ignitioncut.
I did both. Same outcome other than the exhaust/wastegate being less obnoxious with fuel cut used instead of ignition cut.

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

Gaskleppie wrote:Doing that, your ignition will not be changed by other corrections. Your setting will be your ign if you know what i mean.
ok that makes sense, but the corrections i have and the amount of timing i am pulling in anti-lag wouldnt add enough to bring it above -6*. I will use static from now on though. Thanks Frank.