h22 stock internals going with t3/t4 turbo

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Hatch h22 all-motor
http://phpbb3styles.net

h22 stock internals going with t3/t4 turbo

Post by Hatch h22 all-motor »

Wanting to run around 10 psi to start with and tune on, just wondering what size injectors to go with and if my 330 cc will work? but i doubt they will be enuff i got a 255 walbro already and is 10 psi safe on stock internals any suggestions please comment or if got parts pm me Thanks!
h22 stock N/A

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

what are the rest of the specs on the turbo? Do you plan on a high boost setting? If you want it to be safe and reliable, just keep a sharp eye on the spark plugs while tuning. If you start to see any signs of detonation, back it off a degree and/or add fuel and try again. The plug will tell you :) regardless, the stock injectors will not work. If it were me, i would run the ID 725's. havent run them yet, but i bought them for my NA race motor and im excited to see the results everyone else has gotten with them.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

Mike95lude

Post by Mike95lude »

With a really good tune, 10psi is safe. I had a friend with a 5th gen Prelude run a high mileage (120k-150k) stock H22A4 on AEM EMS with a large turbo for a few years and it still had great compression/leakdown when he removed the kit and sold the car. I believe he was making 350-400whp.

rbdave

Post by rbdave »

Ehh i did that and my ring lands broke after like 2000 miles after a wierd 15psi sudden boost spike.
-Dave