Datalogging eCtune

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

DUKE LADUKE
http://phpbb3styles.net

Datalogging eCtune

Post by DUKE LADUKE »

Ok well I have a boosted obd1 civic. The car has eCtune on it. I want to be able to read what some of the readings are. I went on Xenocron but I dont know which cable to purchase. Where could I find a cable? And what am I looking for ? I am a noob to this forum, sorry
92 EG GT28r

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

cyanide

Post by cyanide »

http://www.xenocron.com/datalogging-c-27.html All are fine, but the serial cable will require a USB <> RS232 converter.

DUKE LADUKE

Post by DUKE LADUKE »

Nice , I will probably go with this one ! Thanks guys
92 EG GT28r

DUKE LADUKE

Post by DUKE LADUKE »

When I order this,will I have to buy any software.It probably wont work on my mac but deffinetly on my dell.
92 EG GT28r

cyanide

Post by cyanide »

You need drivers + software to datalog. Drivers are free. Datalogging you get with ectune or other datalogging software like freelog.

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by xenocron »

DUKE LADUKE wrote:When I order this,will I have to buy any software.It probably wont work on my mac but deffinetly on my dell.
It wont work on your Mac, eCtune doesnt have any software for the Mac
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

DUKE LADUKE

Post by DUKE LADUKE »

xenocron wrote:
DUKE LADUKE wrote:When I order this,will I have to buy any software.It probably wont work on my mac but deffinetly on my dell.
It wont work on your Mac, eCtune doesnt have any software for the Mac
Yea thought that wouldnt work. I used to have vag-com for my jetta .It wouldnt work on the Mac but I have a dell with windows so it should work that way.
92 EG GT28r

Tiewoli09

Datalogging eCtune

Post by Tiewoli09 »

I have been pricing wideband o2's, and I would like to find one that is inexpensive and can be used with chrome or ectune's datalogging. I've done some research and found that the voltage output of some is not right for honda ecu's but its still all kind of new to me, I was thinking of the plx sm-afr, will that work well with chrome's datalogging?

cyanide

Post by cyanide »

JAW widebands are usually the cheapest and work with Ectune. Don't know about CROME because I've only used the free version which doesn't do datalogging. http://14point7.com

2bfi

Post by 2bfi »

If you run Windows under VMFusion on the Mac it will work. That is my setup right now. However, if you have a Dell, don't bother with the Mac. Tiewoli09: I've use Innovate LC1 with Crome and I'm sure it will work perfectly with eCtune, and also PLX M300 (discontinued) on both eCtune and Crome. They both work well.