RDX Injector Dead Time

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

marshall.hagen
http://phpbb3styles.net

RDX Injector Dead Time

Post by marshall.hagen »

Does anyone have the values for the RDX Injector's dead time? I was going to default to the RSX-S if not.

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Re: RDX Injector Dead Time

Post by xenocron »

marshall.hagen wrote:Does anyone have the values for the RDX Injector's dead time? I was going to default to the RSX-S if not.
Definitely not the same
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

marshall.hagen

Re: RDX Injector Dead Time

Post by marshall.hagen »

xenocron wrote:Definitely not the same
Chris, do you have a suggestion? I know they are a Denso 709.9 series, probably more responsive than the RSX-S due to lighter components. I will call Injector Rehab and see if they have the data available.

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

send me a PM if you get the dead times please. I was able to dial them in manually pretty well but it would be nice to have the factory numbers
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

relic1

Post by relic1 »

or post them here... if not, I'd like them too.
this is my $0.02, keep in mind that I can't spell

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

98vtec wrote:send me a PM if you get the dead times please. I was able to dial them in manually pretty well but it would be nice to have the factory numbers
Post what you came up with...as that will probably work better than the "factory" numbers since none of the OBD1 editors really use the dead time table correctly in my opinion.
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

marshall.hagen

Post by marshall.hagen »

Injector Rehab did not have dead time values. Open to any suggestions.

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

i based them off the prelude 290cc saturated injectors: My car doesnt have too much of a problem with voltage drop so i didnt have to do much 15.99 - 13.96 - 13.00 - 11.94 - 10.98 - 9.92 - 7.99 0.44 - 0.63 - 0.85 - 1.02 - 1.02 - 1.24 - 1.90
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

Mike95lude

Post by Mike95lude »

marshall.hagen wrote:Injector Rehab did not have dead time values. Open to any suggestions.
I think I may have a good idea. http://www.witchhunter.com/ These guys are local (relatively) in Bothell. They offer full testing services for fuel injectors :)

marshall.hagen

Post by marshall.hagen »

I'll send one to them and have the measurements taken. They offer the service for $25.

Mike95lude

Post by Mike95lude »

marshall.hagen wrote:I'll send one to them and have the measurements taken. They offer the service for $25.
Yeah, that seems totally reasonable. Nice that they are so close too. Can't wait to see the results with your car coming up here :)

marshall.hagen

Post by marshall.hagen »

I sent one my my RDX injectors to WitchHunter Performance in Bothell, WA, for some dead-time measurements. Here are the results: Image

Garrett

Post by Garrett »

really nice, we now just need to test it
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec, Canada www.precisionautocanada.com

marshall.hagen

Post by marshall.hagen »

Hopefully soon. Waiting on some free time to get the car running again.