BMW M3 E46 with SMG tranny. can't rev through 6000rpm

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

EITCP
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

BMW M3 E46 with SMG tranny. can't rev through 6000rpm

Post by EITCP »

BMW 2003 M3 SMG transmission i hav put it on a 2WD dyno and i can't make a run to 8000rpms. i am getting 6000rpm limit all the time. on the road the problem dissapear any help?
Last edited by EITCP on Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
---------------------------------- TUNERC team eCtune Authorised Tuner for Slovenia Passed ACP course at EFI University in Temecula, CA, November 07

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

Has to do with Dynamic Stability Control and ABS. When DSC/ABS is turned off it is not really really turned off ;) As far as I know you should also pull the ABS fuses (17 and 30 on an M5). This causes no data from the ABS sensors, making the ECU turn off DSC and ESP entirly Read this, it's about M5 but it also should apply for M3 http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5 ... o-run.html

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

We've had this issue before. More and more new cars are like this, thats why were getting the AWD add on for our dyno with where you can lock the rollers together so it spins all 4 tires for cars with this issue...
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

Bugermass wrote:We've had this issue before. More and more new cars are like this, thats why were getting the AWD add on for our dyno with where you can lock the rollers together so it spins all 4 tires for cars with this issue...
Thats BA, I cant wait till Im down there in 6 months and have your shop 10 minutes away!

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

We just signed the lease on the new spot.. Its 59 and Bissonnet.. Newer building, 8000SQ FT.. ;) ..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

Bugermass wrote:We just signed the lease on the new spot.. Its 59 and Bissonnet.. Newer building, 8000SQ FT.. ;) ..
Super awesome!

EITCP
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by EITCP »

Bugermass wrote:We've had this issue before. More and more new cars are like this, thats why were getting the AWD add on for our dyno with where you can lock the rollers together so it spins all 4 tires for cars with this issue...
good for you. it seems there ar only two ways: getting a 4WD dyno with locked rollers (which you can'tz find in 300miles area) or find a GT1 diagnostic tool to put the car in dyno mode.
---------------------------------- TUNERC team eCtune Authorised Tuner for Slovenia Passed ACP course at EFI University in Temecula, CA, November 07

magi111

Post by magi111 »

Great thoughts you got th ere, believge i may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life..