Widebands that read over 20:1

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

greasemonkee
http://phpbb3styles.net

Widebands that read over 20:1

Post by greasemonkee »

I figure this is the best place to go for help regarding the subject. From what I understand the D15Z1 is capable of exceeding 20:1 afr and I'm searching for options on widebands that work well with ectune. Been out of the loop a few months, but once my car undergoes the metamorphoses I'll be tuning it for economy only. Let me know if you guys have any solutions - hopefully affordable ones. Thanks.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

You need a wideband that support the LSU 4.3 sensor.. I heard the Motec PLM is scheduled for a firmware update to add support, but not sure about any of the other companys.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

i just got a innovate lc-1 from xenocron and it works great. i am running serial so no offset issues. i sent calvin a pm to see which wide band he recomends to use with ectune and he says either the lc-1 or the lm-2 from innovate motorsports. they are pricey but they are the best on the market, check out this link i found, it is on innovate's site, they compared all of the wb's on the market, all at the same time on the same location, very nice article. http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/reso ... ootout.pdf
Universal Technical Institute Hot rod University graduate ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech Honda and Acura factory certified 9 years and counting in the automotive field

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

LSU 4.9 is the answer to your question. The LSU 4.9 has a very wide accurate operating range. LSU4.9 requires a different cable and has other operating characteristics so you need a proper controller for it. www.wbo2.com - I suggest the 3A2 or 3E2 as they have an USB output. Basically you can use L1H1, LSU4, LSU4.2, LSU4.9 with the right cable. Highly accurate and stable units, I have used them since my first days of tuning years ago. With a WORKING differential output for the ECU, lets you datalog (and run closed loop!) with 0.0 offset, perfect accuracy every time. And Calvin even added serial support. :) LC-1.... Well it´s cheap and (for most people) cheerful. But the LSU4.2 simply does not have the same accuracy as the LSU4.9 in the very lean region that you ask for. This is quite evident when you look at the data sheets from Bosch for these sensors. As for the L1H1: These sensors could be \"tuned\" for accuracy in the region where needed (probably by trimming the heater temperature). Aftermarket controllers are tuned for \"rich accuracy\" and even resolution around stoich sucks big time. So my assumption is that Honda tuned it for very-lean accuracy. NTK had various L1H1 controllers for the different uses (rich/lean resolution models), used by motorsports tuners at the time... but they are probably not on the market any more. Obsolete technology now. Either way the wbo2 will probably be cheaper, and much more accurate for sure. /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

Added.... The Tech Edge 3A / 3E units do support the LSU4.9 (I have a 3E2 myself) when calculating the price, choose the 17025 sensor and cable. It might be cheaper to source a suitable LSU4.9 sensor locally in the US. /Allan

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

Sorry your right, 4.9 not 4.3 :) ... I wasn't thinkin straight when I said that lol..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

Goodie... For a moment there I thought I had somehow missed an LSU generation :) /Allan

greasemonkee

Post by greasemonkee »

Thanks for the info guys, maybe I can do something with this.