boosted table timing values with ignition corrections off

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

98vtec
http://phpbb3styles.net

boosted table timing values with ignition corrections off

Post by 98vtec »

I've contacted a few people and have yet to get any real answers. I had a couple cars on the dyno a week ago and both of them wanted a large amount of timing added in the boost tables from my street tune. Now, i have found in the past that the stock ignition corrections can add a lot of timing of top of the values already listed in the table. Hince the reason i like eCtune and Neptune given we can turn it off and gain more control. However, the timing numbers i came up with on the dyno just seemed a bit high but it kept making power. I picked up 22whp (in boost) going from 27-29* (290whp to 312whp at 17psi) in the table. Base ignition timing was set to 16*. I left it at 26* peak in the table after the tune because it bugged me without knowing for sure. Coming from my background in Crome (cant turn off the stock ignition correction), these numbers appear really high. Even on NA motors, i have experience this with neptune. With ignition corrections turned on, i would get to 30* advance to reach MBT, then with it turned off i would reach upwards of 40* (stock motor). here is a screen shot of the ignition timing table (boosted b18a). Low boost was 12psi. High boost was 17psi. Image Image sorry no torque graph, tach signal was getting pissed. just trying to get some reassurance since i haven't gotten really any from the others i have talked to.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

anyone?
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

sorry man i've been backed up at work keep forgetting to look at the maps.. Is this on pump gas?? cause thats ALOT of timing for pump gas.. Now if its Q16 then you prolly neeed more timing lol..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

100% sure the dizzy is ok?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

Bugermass wrote:sorry man i've been backed up at work keep forgetting to look at the maps.. Is this on pump gas?? cause thats ALOT of timing for pump gas.. Now if its Q16 then you prolly neeed more timing lol..
93 octane

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

Gaskleppie wrote:100% sure the dizzy is ok?
he's bringing it back to me this week to setup more stuff so i'll check the ignition timing again while i'm at it. I know i set it correctly last time but thats not to say that he didnt mess with it between the street and dyno tune. now this is something you guys need to take into consideration. I know for a fact that with these corrections turned on, the stock ignition corrections will add upwards to 10*+ on top of the table and all other corrections in the upper RPM. I have ran 40* of table timing into a stock h22a with ignition corrections turned off without any signs of detonation. Now if you subtract the ~10* of timing from the table to achieve the timing values you would typically see with the corrections turned on, its looking a little more "typical". I'm also removing about a degree of timing through cylinder corrections. Whats weird is I did a street tune on a stock internal turbo GSR (t3 turbo .63 AR. Not sure of the compressor wheel size but it was pretty damn small) and i kept ignition corrections turned on and ended up with 20* of table timing. I'll be dyno tuning it in the next few weeks so i'll see what difference it makes and what the timing ends up being.