ectune boost control

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

turbodailydan
http://phpbb3styles.net

ectune boost control

Post by turbodailydan »

hey guys currently running a hks evc5 boost controller on my turbo setup.. had it on the dyno before christmas and the little lights on the aduster dials started flashing and it was boostin up alot quicker than normal, anyways switched off the ignition and restarted and it sorted itself out.. (must have been on setup mode or something and maybe the solinoid was stuck open) but anyways i noticed it was spooling up ega quick.. so it got me thinking is there much improvement to be had in terms of spool time with a better controller.. im running ectune and was looking at going for the ectune boost controller solinoid as it looks like it has more adjustment in it to help speed up spool time and also the boost by gear option. just wanted to know if anyones running an ectune with the boost controller setup and how they rate it in comparison to something like what i have (hks evc 5) my controller is pretty much turn the dial until you reach the desired boost, push it back in and your done. no duty/offset adjustment etc etc thanks - dan

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

Ectune's PWM control is great and can do far more than your boost controller you have now. Once its setup properly, its cake to command a set boost in any gear you desire. The only thing I think it lacks is \"Boost by Speed\"
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

i agree with dk, ectunes solenoid and boost control is awesome and by far outshines any ridiculously priced, overrated, after market electronic boost controller. if you are running ectune and turbo, sorry to be blunt but you would be stupid not to get the $60 pwm solenoid.
Universal Technical Institute Hot rod University graduate ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech Honda and Acura factory certified 9 years and counting in the automotive field