eCtune Innovate logging...

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

RadekSkylark
http://phpbb3styles.net

eCtune Innovate logging...

Post by RadekSkylark »

Hallo everyone, so, the question I have - can I connect my LM-2 with my usb cable to laptop, and use direct wb input in eCtune, and it will datalog all the stuff like AFR vs rpm and load? same as if it would be connected trought the ecu? Thanks

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

yes, useing the serial output. if you dont have a serial port you need a serial to usb converter. this is the best way to log afr's, as the is no offset issues as you would have useing a input of the ecu.
Universal Technical Institute Hot rod University graduate ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech Honda and Acura factory certified 9 years and counting in the automotive field

RadekSkylark

Post by RadekSkylark »

but the LM-2 already has USB connector, it wont change things? everything will work? Thanks

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

yes, you should be able to hook it up and go. but make sure you follow these steps. 1. plug in the usb. 2. start car. 3. start ectune and assign com port. 4. connect emulator and datalogger. for some reason with the innovate stuff it wont save the com port so if the program is already running and you try to connect, it will no worky.
Universal Technical Institute Hot rod University graduate ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech Honda and Acura factory certified 9 years and counting in the automotive field