Help me read my plugs

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

ckretvix
http://phpbb3styles.net

Help me read my plugs

Post by ckretvix »

Plugs I pulled after some runs today. They have probably around 7,000 miles on em. I'm gonna try and get fresh ones before this weekend when I go to the track. Image Image

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

WEll my camera can def. see better then me lol. Im thinking these are a little to old / I didnt shut the car down soon enough for an accurate reading. Is that the 'color change' on the ground strap after the bend, indicating to much timing?

David974

Post by David974 »

you need fresh plug to make good reading them or you can clean these one also remember that you need to sht the car after WOT pass and don't let it idleing what's your set up? and final timing value?

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

Thats 14.5-15 degrees at 18psi, GT2560r on a sTock LS, Mid 11 afrs. I'll get some pics at the track this weekend.

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

Your plugs look good. Your burn seems clean And your heat range is a good choose so far.. A quick way to tell if its a good heat range plug is the threads. Usually 3-4 threads up on the plug shows a good heat range Your strap shows your ign.. You can tell where it becomes a different color, your ign looks a tad bit retarded but other then that a good plug If you look at the strap you'll see how the color change stops before the 90 degree point in the strap.. you want your ign \"i believe\" around the 90 angle dont quote me tho.. it looks good.
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

You need to put a fresh set in there, cut the car off at the top of 3rd or 4th gear, throw in neutral, coast to stop, pull plugs, take pictures.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

Will do. Thanks

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

ckretvix wrote:Will do. Thanks
in those pictures, when was the engine shut down?
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO