help please

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

ryanxbar
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by ryanxbar »

yeah but see i have perfect spark, i triple checked that cause thats what we thought it was and i got new plus wires and plugs

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

having perfect spark as nothing to do with the MSD causing RF interfearance with your ECU..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

ryanxbar

Post by ryanxbar »

but why would it just all of a sudden happen i have had my car for 2 years and the msd has been in it the entire time

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

ryanxbar wrote:but why would it just all of a sudden happen i have had my car for 2 years and the msd has been in it the entire time
many things can lead to this; most prominant would be degrading components like the power/signal filter caps in either device. Msd caused my ostrich the other day to work one minute and not work the next; it was in the glovebox.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

ryanxbar

Post by ryanxbar »

well well i can take that out when i get my new demon and that should either be saturday or monday and i will keep everyone updated

ryanxbar

Post by ryanxbar »

ok well i went and checked voltage's on everything my ecu ground was perfect there was no problem there and i went through the other ground sand couldn't find anything

92bluepreludesi

Post by 92bluepreludesi »

did you take the msd ignition out?

ryanxbar

Post by ryanxbar »

no i just got the demon back today that took them way to long i plugged it in and the hick-up was gone but now the i can connect to the demon but i cant data log so im taking to moates on Monday to see whats wrong

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

the interuption in datalogging would most likely be from RF interfearance from your ignition system.. Either run resistor style plugs with NGK plug wires, or remove the MSD.. Otherwise you will have issues, especially if you tune conservative and have even a slight missfire.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

92bluepreludesi

you should listen to the authorized tuners when they say that the msd will cause interference with your system. I removed some crappy nology wires yesterday replacing them with bosch wires and was actually able to get a 3rd gear pull datalogged before it stopped(before i could not get it to datalog at all). It stopped because i have interference from my aftermarket coil which is the samething as a msd blaster 2. It would not hurt to take out the msd just to troubleshoot the problem. :wink:

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

I had a customer get tuned, before I tuned it I noticed it had a msd cap and coil on it. I told him that it will prob have ignition break up and that it should be removed in favor for a oem one. He wasted my time for months trying to blame everything but the msd, finally the dumb ass came to the shop and in 5 min the problem was fixed with a old used oem dizzy. That retard was giving me some guilt trip beforehand threatening to part the car out and what not. I told him he should part it out because if he can't deal with these minor NA honda issues he ought to look into another hobby like electric slot cars. I dread seeing that moron and his slow na honda again. No one cared that he didn't know about the MSD junk, its that he wouldn't listen to the people that were trying to help because he's a ricer at heart and seeing that msd badge under his hood was more important.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

92bluepreludesi

so pretty much what everyone is telling you is that msd=bad (bling factor) oem=good. :D trust me bro im going through the same problem and i will be taking the crappy coil off tomorrow and heading to autozone to get a oem coil. Should fix my problem.

ryanxbar

Post by ryanxbar »

ok well i just took them out and i still have the problem so like i said im waiting to talk to moates

92bluepreludesi

what all msd did you have? what did you replace it with?

ryanxbar

Post by ryanxbar »

i have the blaster and msd box but i took it out and now im running stock ignition