help please

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

ryanxbar
http://phpbb3styles.net

help please

Post by ryanxbar »

so im having some real trouble with my 99 integra gsr now whats happening is like a hiccup the car will be fine then the rpm will just drop 500 rpm and the car will suck in a lot of air now the mbars will go up 200 and i have changed the ecu, tps,spark plugs,and wires,cleaned the distributor, and cleaned the iacv(intake air control valve) now i have noticed when it hiccups that the green light on the demon will flicker and i was wondering if maybe the demon is bad or if it could be anything else.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Try and datalog this happening.... So we can see if there is a loss in connection to the ecu/deamon....
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

ryanxbar

Post by ryanxbar »

see now i have and there is not a loss in data logging it only timed out once and reconnected and then timed out but other then that it only did hat once but i can try

ryanxbar

Post by ryanxbar »

ok so here is the datalog yeah i know its long (13min) but it was rough starting it up and i know the timing is really wierd but its hard to sync it when its cold and its not running to well. and ion the begining i was reving it up to warm it up and keep it running so start at like 2min or so and you will see the car rpm drop and the mbars jump and it doesnt loose connection, and i will be making a vid of it soon didnt have anything today to do it
Attachments
hiccup.elf
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 149 times

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

we need a .cal to watch the log.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

ryanxbar

Post by ryanxbar »

here is the cal
Attachments
newbase.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 155 times

ryanxbar

Post by ryanxbar »

So I shipped back my demon to moates and they are going to give me a new one but now what will I need to do when I get it since the program will only do one demon

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

When you get your new one, Email calvin, and submit for a new license through ectune like you did for the last deamon, he will delete the old serial and get you the new license.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I looked at your datalog... Very strange to see only the TPS wigg out.... and the fuel goes up accordingly based upon TPS... The other sensors (IAT, ECT, Etc) don't wig out like that... Very strange... Do you hear the main relay click when this happens?

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

We have a similar issue with a customer car, tps bounces around a lot, fuel value sky rockets randomly, gos pig rich, then comes back to normal, high load doesn't seem to be effected from what I remember.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Look at post fuel in the logs. When post fuel suddenly activates, you got a ecu restart. Bad ground? Bad relay? electrical interference?, Who knows..
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

ryanxbar

Post by ryanxbar »

the main rely does click like it should from what i have heard and my car is getting fuel its a brand new fuel pump and i figured ecu wiring but i triple checks all those wires so that's what lead me to the demon i think its having some sorta problem connecting but wont lose datalogging

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

if post fuel is enableing and your ARE getting a ECU reset then you most likely have a RF issue. Some things that can cause this are MSD ignitions, MSD or some of those aftermarket jumbo plug wires, non-resistor plugs make it worse but usually with a good set of wires this won't happen. This is most common on OBD0 vehicles but not exclusive to. Then you have all your other basic reasons like main relay, bad grounds, bad socket in the ECU, loose ECU connectors etc etc.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

ryanxbar

Post by ryanxbar »

Well when i bought the car it had msd on it and i just never took it off even though i know it really doesnt do anything for my car so when i get my ned demon back i will also take the msd out of my car

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

Yea that non digital msd stuff is junk, I fight with customers all the time over them and have seen ignition issues disappear time and time again just switching it back to an oem dizzy.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image