MSD Ignition

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

JaredKaragen
http://phpbb3styles.net

MSD Ignition

Post by JaredKaragen »

Ok, generic overall thoughts: causes massive amounts of emi. Feel free to comment, but I am more after trying to find someone with a msd 6al box and the appropreate gear (rfi detectors, scopes, etc) to show the oem ignition firing in a large faraday cage... And with the msd 6al hooked up... This would definately be an eye turner just by overall concesus of thoughts. Anyone interested? My method is prolly most involved but smaller steps can be taken first ;)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Synoptic
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Synoptic »

I have a Workign 6AL that I can send to anyone willing to make those measurments.
Synoptic Tuning Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

First I need to get my hands on a good scope, and I know a few guys with msd coils and ignition boxes I can try with... I know checks have already been done on different plugwires brands/types including nology, msd, denso and oem.... The results I saw showen oem wires had the least loss/emi... With nology wire adding the most. Nology wires for harleys come with a warning label saying 'not for fuel injected models'.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock