Mustang Dynamometer User Feedback?

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Mustang Dynamometer User Feedback?

Post by TopMountGSR »

For months now I have been searching for the dyno that fits me best. I'd like to hear what others thoughts, opinions, feedback, pros, cons, are on the Mustang Dynamometer's I'm looking at the twin 8.5\" roll md-700 with the single eddy load cell. I'm not sure I can afford the larger roller dynos and I would like portability if its really worth the trade off. I have to be able to tune inside 24/7 asap, I'm tired of missing out. Thanks for your time, DK
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

Been using a Mustang Dyno at school (MD-600DE) for a month now and I don't know what exactly you're looking for but other than the lower power readings you get over let's say a dynojet, there aren't really any drawbacks. It's pretty easy to use/navigate and a solid machine. The one in the school gets beat on pretty bad and I never see it ever needing repair. It is far from being easily portable so if that's a huge concern you might want to look into something along the lines of a dynapack. Not sure if that helped any, but hope it did.

pandorasbox

Post by pandorasbox »

I have used a Mustang Dyno and really liked it, the option to read with both inertia on and off is cool. I've also heard Dyno Dynamics make some really nice dynomometers.

Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

IMO I would never use any other dyno than a dynapack. It's more precise between runs, it's portable, it's rugged and dynapack support is excellent.
Synoptic Tuning Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

pandorasbox

Post by pandorasbox »

Yeah Dynapack comes the highest recommended from everyone else I talk to but DK has mentioned cost concerns. Last time I priced out dynos (been looking at opening a shop), the Dynapack was very expensive, granted, the customer service and stuff sounded fantastic. It seems like the best dynos are coming out of Australia. Dynapack and Dyno Dynamics originate there, if my memory serves me correct.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

If you want portability; and you can't afford a dynopack (highly recommended) I would choose dyno dynamics for sure; they use waterbreaks (no need for regular shoe maintainance), and they have an outstanding software interface (I ordered a demo pack from them once upon a time). They have dunks that can support up to 1000 hp, yet can be hitched easily to a truck or loaded in a bed to be taken for dyno drag events or whatever your case may be. Dyno dynamics is pricey; but not when compared to price of dynopacks :)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

combz

Post by combz »

a shop down the road just got a mustang dyno, and they have had many problems with it since they put it in...its brand new.. the computer keeps restarting that comes with it...sometimes during a big pull on a powerful car the computer shuts off completly. This could be install related. but they send a guy down for a week to show you how to use the dyno etc.. umm.what else can i say...the load feautre is nice on it...its cool you can do quarter mile simulations etc.. umm one thing i like about the dynapacks is their power consumption...the power it generates is no more then a computer... where as these ones like mustang drive yoyr power bills up. mind you the cost is more up front...but man im telling you..its not cheap to have the concrete guys install the dyno in the ground...pay for crane etc.. dynapacks rooll out of the way and u have your entire shop...id go with them lol!

TopMountGSR

Post by TopMountGSR »

Thanks everyone for their response, This is what it all boiled down to: Dyna pack: nice but I simply can't afford to bind my self up that tight money wise. I'm also a little unsure about the numbers they produce, I mean honestly, when do you ever run around without your wheels? So if you put down 830whp with no wheels, how can you claim you have 830whp? Your trap speeds def care if you have wheels or not I'm pretty sure. Dynojet: I'm not sure if this just applies to their inertia dynos only but I don't want the inflated numbers with the traps that don't match. I run a tuning business, not dyno business. I feel like maybe I should have looked more into their newer load dynes as I do not know much about them. Dyno Dynamics: I wanted a digital one, but they seemed over priced compared to other 8.5\" twin roller load dynos. Super flow: I couldn't do a large roller pit mounted dyne for my first time out. A few local people have them and they seem to like them. Land and sea: Cheap prices, seemed like the way to go at first but then I started reading not so pleasant quality reviews. Mainstream: Not a us supported business, seem to have excellent products but you have to pay for them. Mustang: Made in the US 5 hr away from me, worlds leader in dyno manufactures supposedly, offers a dyne similar to the dyno dynamics digital but $20k cheaper.. Side by side the mustang def looked more promising to me, they looked similar but the mustang is made up of a whole lot thicker materials, from the frame to the tie down truss. The mustang seems to have a tie down bar that looks to be a whole lot stronger. I'm not sure if all this extra strength is needed but its just something I noticed. So I ended up going out to Ohio a few days ago and paid for a new Mustang Gladiator dyno. It should be ava for pickup in 2-4 weeks. This is exactly what I wound up with: Image
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

you won't be dissapointed.. if you ver need and help with how to use any of the features just give me a call.. My cells on the dealer list.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

TopMountGSR

Post by TopMountGSR »

Thanks Chris, I might have to take you up on that sometime.

Vtec6000

Post by Vtec6000 »

Nice buy dude 8)

pandorasbox

Post by pandorasbox »

wow that's a really nice looking design. Keep us posted with how it's working for ya!