Could anti-lag be the culprit?

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

pandorasbox
http://phpbb3styles.net

Could anti-lag be the culprit?

Post by pandorasbox »

Well this might be a stretch but last night I got my anti-lag set up and it was epic, like really really insane. Massive pops and fireballs then after I let it idle for about 2 minutes and all the sudden the car just shut off, I discovered it was the igniter so we did some quick dizzy swapping and within an hour I had my car back on the road but needless to say I left anti-lag alone the rest of the night, not that I would play with it anyways, not looking to kill my turbo. So do you guys think there could be ANY connection with it? I know the dizzy parts like to fail and this isn't the first igniter to go out on me but with the failure happening immediately after using it (5 second duration of use then 2 minute idle), it has me wondering if there could be any connection. I set it up with 6 degrees in the non-static box and 60 fuel (if I remember correctly). 2step-6krpm I would post the .cal but this isn't my tuning laptop. Also there is a video, I'll see if my buddy can send it to me.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I doubt it was the ALS that did it.... It was the ignitor's time ;) I beat the piss out of my old motor when ALS was added, testing different configs/settings wig and without a turbo.... Just to see how backpressure affected things... I did however blow up my last jdm d15b by holding 1.5BAR using ALS in my Buddha garage... But I had a jrsc and turbo installed.... I knew it was my fault.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

pandorasbox

Post by pandorasbox »

Haha good lord! I had almost talked a buddy into twin charging his Z6 but he wouldn't. Do you feel that my settings are \"safe\" or correct. I put \"6\" in the box for ign retard not the static box, when using the static box the ALS results weren't as healthy sounding so I changed it to the top box and suddenly I had 3ft flames and it sounded like a machine gun, it was incredable. Scared the shit out of everyone in the packed hangout location. Also I have found tons of mixed opinions of using ALS. Some say it will destroy your turbo, could hurt the engine and blow the exhaust to pieces, lol. It's obvious this isn't good for the car but really how bad are we talking. I'm using a 8.4-1 vitara build with an Evo3 16g, so it's not like I'm higher comp on a ball bearing turbo. Also this was done on e85, and we all know the heat generated from rich ethanol so I figured I better ask.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Try a value between 45 and 55 degrees of retard (not static) and see what a difference it makes. Start at 45, and add a degree and try again... Repeat and back off as necessary.... Then repeat with fuel, and if you feel like it, trim timing again after fuel is settled. It's been a while since I have had my own Honda, and thus tuned using ectune so I can't pull a fuel value offthe top of my head. Lol @ Buddha typo above, damned iPhone, supposed to be buddies*

pandorasbox

Post by pandorasbox »

Haha yeah I just thought the Buddha garage was a funky nickname for your garage. Thanks man, I'll give it a try. Do you think 6 degrees retard is too advance? It had some insane results, I'll try to post the video but it was insane. Built boost instantly to 10psi (wastegate spring). It was a very consistant pop and sounded very healthy. I just don't want to cause any damage to my motor.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

pandorasbox wrote:Haha yeah I just thought the Buddha garage was a funky nickname for your garage. Thanks man, I'll give it a try. Do you think 6 degrees retard is too advance? It had some insane results, I'll try to post the video but it was insane. Built boost instantly to 10psi (wastegate spring). It was a very consistant pop and sounded very healthy. I just don't want to cause any damage to my motor.
I remember way before when I first played with it I didn't get any pops out the exhaust until I hit 40 degrees.... I had 48 or 50 on my car.... Exploded a muffler, hollowed a cat, but never broke anything... Except for when I was askin for it.... It was nice to see a t3/t04e hit 1.5 bar in about a second ;). I was trying to get her to be as quiet as possible while intantly spooling the turbo to wastegate pressure, after 10 min of playing the rod went out the block on both sides :)

pandorasbox

Post by pandorasbox »

Good lord! 1.5bar from antilag is amazing! I don't think I've seen anyother program so violent. Do you think I should just leave it be at 6 degrees then? The motor revs and pops just amazingly well and accurate. I'm afraid that too much retard might put some strain on the motor.

pandorasbox

Post by pandorasbox »

I posted a video in the \"Antilag: My experience...\" thread. Pretty damn cool, I intend to make a better video with more light, this was taken on my buddies Droid so I'm still farely impressed with its audio/video quality. http://forum.ectune.com/viewtopic.php?t=720&start=105

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

pandorasbox wrote:Good lord! 1.5bar from antilag is amazing! I don't think I've seen anyother program so violent. Do you think I should just leave it be at 6 degrees then? The motor revs and pops just amazingly well and accurate. I'm afraid that too much retard might put some strain on the motor.
I would say go with what seems to work best; My setup was with the supercharger+turbo so it was extremely easy to get that 1.5bar ;) I myself before was hoping for a softtouch revlimiter, because there is no cut/resume ith it, and a more constant exhaust pressure to spool the bad boy.