wideband offset issues no serial connection

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

barry
http://phpbb3styles.net

wideband offset issues no serial connection

Post by barry »

i took my car to a buddies house while i was away in louisiana i had some work done on my car i had a wideband installed and it was already wired through the ecu d14 ran ectune and the offset is crap! i mean HORRIBLE i had to set it to -3.4 and even than it wasnt consistant at all so i tried the serial log....EPIC FAILURE it just blinks connected and timed out so what could the issue lie? idk if my gauge is accurate at all too! where can i rewire this so that i can eliminate these issues its obd0 converted to obd1 and i know obd0 cars have a lot if issues like these ....ive noticed i get a LOT of interference when the car is on acc from the ecu i get static in my speakers.....and dont get me started when the check engine light comes on it interferes with the radio idk how to address this issue! i want to get all of my grounds solid and this noise to stop its throwing off everything i think they wired the lc1 somewhere either to the radio or somewhere close to it when i turn on the radio the gauge numbers change...its a big headache! gotta do everything myself lol!

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

It has to be how it's wired into te car; check it out: I have my lc1 at the end of a 19y/o serial cable, hooks directly to the battery, and to hook up d14, I have a mini leg clip that I clip inside the ecu onto the pin coming in the connector... And a ground I clip to an ecu ground pin the same way; not even soldered... no offset issues if any (.04-.1)... I only get up to .1 on hackjobs or msd cars... I would suspect grounding to the lc1 and proper good grounds to the ecu and engine harness.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

barry

Post by barry »

JaredKaragen wrote:It has to be how it's wired into te car; check it out: I have my lc1 at the end of a 19y/o serial cable, hooks directly to the battery, and to hook up d14, I have a mini leg clip that I clip inside the ecu onto the pin coming in the connector... And a ground I clip to an ecu ground pin the same way; not even soldered... no offset issues if any (.04-.1)... I only get up to .1 on hackjobs or msd cars... I would suspect grounding to the lc1 and proper good grounds to the ecu and engine harness.
okay ...if its hooked up directly to the battery wouldnt the wideband be constantly on all the time!

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Mine has a plug where it meets the ecu that I can easily undo.... My setup is for portability; to tune other cars as well as my own... But offsets are normally bad grounds/power hookups... It sounds like there is something causing noise in your car; a bad rectifier, etc... Make sure you scale to 3v :)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

Some thoughts about the noise issue since you brought it up: I am using an Ostrich and have concluded that they are just inherently noisey. The test I made to prove it so far is just by comparing it to the stock computer a long time ago when my car was stock. The stock ECU would not interfere with the radio. I hooked up the ostrich and it did. I put a chip in another socketed ECU I had and it did not have the same issue. This is on fresh stock ignition system with the ECU grounded normally and the chip job done with all correct components. I have yet to try and wrap the ostrich with tin foil and ground it to see if that makes a difference or not. just my $2x10^(-2)

barry

serial connection

Post by barry »

well i have the serial logging working but now i need to figure why my DB gauge isnt displaying right ...well idk which one is correct the gauge or the serial logging on ectune?

4thgenhtch

Post by 4thgenhtch »

The serial logging output is gonna be the correct reading, Maybe your db gauge is not hooked up to the 0-5v output, or maybe your output is not scaled correctly?