Some issuses hoping this forum is active enough for some tip

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

9400RPMS
http://phpbb3styles.net

Some issuses hoping this forum is active enough for some tip

Post by 9400RPMS »

I recently just changed out my oil pump.. Checked everything and fired it right up..oil pressure is good, after the car got fully warmed, fans kicked on all that good stuff, i took it for a drive, drove it alittle bit to watch the pressure and when i got ready to get on it, and did get on it, it pulled kindof slugish..i let off at 7k cause it felt like completely shit... I went at it again, and it felt better but still doesn't feel like it should, infact, i haven't really been too happy with the car ever since i swapped cams and went to a lighter car.. i'm pretty pissed and franky running out of ideas.. Vtec is engaging.. i'm dropping my exhaust tomorrow.. but i have it set at 5800 right now, i dropped it from 6400. When it engages there's like, what feels like a huge dip then it right away picks up..you hear it and feel it, hard..i have a shitty stock oem cat and stock piping exhaust to a muffler on the car now, thats how it came..but i know for a fact it wouldn't hinder 50 whp.. The car feels slower then my 2700lbs full interior dc2 with the s2s2's.. Oil pressure at wot was around 70psi...i'ma recheck the timing and such tomorrow night, i'm using skunk2's drop in settings on them My gears are 1 degree = 2 crank degrees so i'm at +2 on the exhaust and 0 on the intake.. dizzy is set to 16degs but its maxed all the way advance to achieve this...my dizzy is all the way back, towards the firewall to achieve 16 degrees ign timing. Ectune is synced with it.. My maps are posted, please.. give me some ideas.. ya i work on cars every, and ya i tune cars just about everyday.. and i'm getting burnt out on my own fucken car its just.. really frustrating.. if i need to post my map again i'll be happy too, its already uploaded in user calibrations. The only thing i can absolutely think of, is dropping the exhaust but i dont think that'll help me a whole ton.. The car has TREMEDOUS low end..but vtec just doesn't feel right.. it doesn't pull HARD like it used too.. The car has a low end that carries all the way to mid 7000rpm range, to where the fuel map would drop off.. any ideas to try or look at it , lemme know.. maybe vtec is turning off around 7800rpms.. the car was making power and pulling stupid on the s2s2's.. it didn't even start to drop power off until 9100rpms.. ...so now i'm stuck.. my motor is more then able to handle these cams.. help..? :roll:
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

nate
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by nate »

Clogged cat?
eCtune Team

David974

Post by David974 »

when you did the oil pump you played with the timing belt, so re check your timing, perhaps you jumped a tooth that's why your dizzy is all way back and the car is so hard to drive

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

David974 wrote:when you did the oil pump you played with the timing belt, so re check your timing, perhaps you jumped a tooth that's why your dizzy is all way back and the car is so hard to drive
+1, is your dizzy relatively centered?
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

The Dizzy is all the way back, towards the firewall to just achieve 16 degrees.. Fuck it, i'm tearing it down anyway, bearings are gone, no rod knock yet, but i'ma beat it before it starts.. btw i love the idiots hacking the front page.
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

Did you check actual TDC against the pistons/cam just to make sure everything is lined up perfectly? Perhaps some crap aftermarket adjustable cam timing gear with the sprocket in the wrong place? :) /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

dbsharp

Post by dbsharp »

My bet is that your cam timing is off.

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

Doesn't matter i'm tearing down the motor friday. yes i checked TDC.. and confirmed it.. I'ma chalk this up to the oil psi drop i've suffered and vtec going off..which is why it doesn't pull like it should.
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Any chance the solenoid is bleeding off pressure? If it's a z6 head there is a pressure port next to the dizzy that is 1/8 npst to check pressure near the solenoid if it helps.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock