Spark Plugs ?

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

rich777
http://phpbb3styles.net

Spark Plugs ?

Post by rich777 »

Hey guys, What plugs do you recommend for a boosted B16b ? The spec's are : B16B with ITR pistons (9.2:1 c/r), Garrett T3 turbo and i'm aiming for around 300bhp. I'm thinking 8s (R5671a-8 ) at the moment as stock are 7's. Cheers :)

Vtec6000

Post by Vtec6000 »

Yeah you should be fine using 8's for your setup mate. How's it coming along btw?

rich777

Post by rich777 »

Vtec6000 wrote:Yeah you should be fine using 8's for your setup mate. How's it coming along btw?
Hows it going mate ? Nice one for that i shall order them tomorrow then. My setup is comming along fine thanks. I had a bit of trouble at first due to the oil pressure going to the turbo being to high, but i'v got it sorted now. I'm in the stages of mapping it at the moment, but i'm finding it hard to find the time. I only have a couple of hours at the weekend and me been quite a newbie to tuning its going to take a while... Cheers

Vtec6000

Post by Vtec6000 »

rich777 wrote:
Vtec6000 wrote:Yeah you should be fine using 8's for your setup mate. How's it coming along btw?
Hows it going mate ? Nice one for that i shall order them tomorrow then. My setup is comming along fine thanks. I had a bit of trouble at first due to the oil pressure going to the turbo being to high, but i'v got it sorted now. I'm in the stages of mapping it at the moment, but i'm finding it hard to find the time. I only have a couple of hours at the weekend and me been quite a newbie to tuning its going to take a while... Cheers
Did the oil manage to push its way past turbo seals with the high pressure? Did you use a oil restrictor on turbo oil feed to solve the problem? Taking your time is the best way to learn and less likely to break anything in the process. Are you putting it on dyno at all for tuning?

dbsharp

Post by dbsharp »

You should look into plug reading. Its a valuable tool to have if your going to be tuning. I found this thread to be helpfull http://forum.ectune.com/viewtopic.php?t ... sc&start=0

rich777

Post by rich777 »

Vtec6000 wrote:
rich777 wrote:
Did the oil manage to push its way past turbo seals with the high pressure? Did you use a oil restrictor on turbo oil feed to solve the problem? Taking your time is the best way to learn and less likely to break anything in the process. Are you putting it on dyno at all for tuning?
Yeh thats what happend, it wrecked the oil seal and it needed replacing. The oil was going right into the exhaust housing. I got somewhere over here to replace it with a 360 degrees seal and check it over. Yeh, i'm sure taking my time with it :wink: as the last thing i want to do is wreck my engine. I have learnt so so so much about tuning over the last year just by non stop reading through forum's, and taking the EFI courses so i feel quite confident mapping my car on my own now. I remember looking at Crome about 2½ years ago thinking what the hell, how the hell can anyone get there head around this lol. My tuning plan is to get it as good as i can on the streets and then finish it off on the dyno. I'm not going to be seing the dyno for a while though as i'm really low on cash at the moment.
Last edited by rich777 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

rich777

Post by rich777 »

dbsharp wrote:You should look into plug reading. Its a valuable tool to have if your going to be tuning. I found this thread to be helpfull http://forum.ectune.com/viewtopic.php?t ... sc&start=0
Thanks for that ! theres some great info there...