Nissan ECU guru advice

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

DSMR
http://phpbb3styles.net

Nissan ECU guru advice

Post by DSMR »

I know there are some Nissan ECU ninjas on this site so I wanted to ask a few questions as I am confused as the best route. Looking to help a guy on his 240sx. It has a KA24DE engine that he put a turbo on. Right now it is running 450cc DSM injectors off of SAFC neo. The car needs to be chipped so this is where my question is. Would Tuner pro be a good route to go with? I have heard a rumor that someone has figured out speed density with these cars. Does anyone have a really good XDF file to tune with? I was thinking of going this route with a consult of some sort (have no idea which one). I have 2 ostriches so I can do real time tuning. Just not sure how to get this all set up as I am very new to Nissans. Any help with the best route to go with as far as hardware and software for the car would be very helpful. I have read many forums but I just get bogged down with information. The guy doesn't have a lot of money so I thought that this would be the cheapest and most reliable way. Thanks for any help or advice.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

If you can mount a Honda distributor to your cam, you open a world of possibilities... I myself am not keen on Nissan ecu's but I do know that you can make the Honda controls work on other motors/makes.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Vtec6000

Post by Vtec6000 »

Considered buying a nistune board? There pretty nice for the nissans. What model is your ecu?

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

Vtec6000 wrote:Considered buying a nistune board? There pretty nice for the nissans. What model is your ecu?
thought about it but it is too expensive

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

JaredKaragen wrote:If you can mount a Honda distributor to your cam, you open a world of possibilities... I myself am not keen on Nissan ecu's but I do know that you can make the Honda controls work on other motors/makes.
I have thought about this already but I would really like to avoid doing this because of all the work involved.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

Nistune is the way to go.. Also, screw speed desnity, stick with the MAF.. If you need me to set your up with the hardware lemme know we're nistune dealers.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

I deal with a lot of DSM's so MAF's are not my favorite thing. But about nistune boards: Can you set me up where I do not have to buy a realtime board and can use my ostrich's to tune with, then just burn some chips? Kinda like use the board that Moates sells with an individual license from you? Just trying to save this guy some money because he will never need to make changes to anything himself and I already have the hardware. I guess I would also need the consult cable too. Sorry about so many questions, I guess I should call or email. Thanks.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

depends which ECU you have.. only some of them take a standard 28pin chip.. other don't, thats why they make the boards, to fit all the different style ECUs. DSM Mafs are crap.. Nissan MAFs work well. I've done several 400+ HP Nissans. SRs KAs 300Zs.. Take pics of the ECU, Cover, Inside top, Inside Bottom and I'll make a list of what your'll need.

ashb82

Post by ashb82 »

try moates.net they got some stuff Also is this car near martinsville

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

ashb82 wrote:try moates.net they got some stuff Also is this car near martinsville
Yes the car is near Martinsville, and I have been looking into what Moates offers (as I have previously mentioned) but this does not solve the software issue which it looks like it is going to be Nistune. I have an XDF file for tunerpro, but with the setup on the car, I would feel much better with something a bit more thorough with integrated datalogging and such. Btw Bugermass, I looked at the ECU and it looks the same as what Nistune has for the type 3 board as per this link: http://www.nistune.com/docs/NIStune_Typ ... _Sheet.pdf it has the 20+20 through hole section. Thanks for the help everyone

conservativef2d

Post by conservativef2d »

When I was interested in using a chipped ecu and a couldnt find a tuning software I run across bikirom.com I have heard some people talk about a recent system thats designed in the united states which they said go to calumsult.com. Maybe this will help.
Thinking about working on my car seems to be what i do, but never do.

ashb82

Post by ashb82 »

http://eccs.hybridka.com/ this is what i was looking at to learn to tune nissans they got some good info this is the software here is a download link for the software http://www.hybridka.com/misc/romeditorE.zip the forum seems to have some good stuff I live near martinsville i know some guys in martinsville, they where talking about this car i think.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

DSMR wrote:
ashb82 wrote:try moates.net they got some stuff Also is this car near martinsville
Yes the car is near Martinsville, and I have been looking into what Moates offers (as I have previously mentioned) but this does not solve the software issue which it looks like it is going to be Nistune. I have an XDF file for tunerpro, but with the setup on the car, I would feel much better with something a bit more thorough with integrated datalogging and such. Btw Bugermass, I looked at the ECU and it looks the same as what Nistune has for the type 3 board as per this link: http://www.nistune.com/docs/NIStune_Typ ... _Sheet.pdf it has the 20+20 through hole section. Thanks for the help everyone
ok. yeah we keep those in stock.. Lemme chk the price tommorrow and I'll let you know.